PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Line 6 POD Studio UX1?

Deano.uk
Aug 24, 2009, 06:27 PM
http://line6.com/podstudioux1/

Im looking for recording guitar (electric/acoustic/bass) and vocals for some fun.

Will this work fine for my needs?
and does anyone have any positive/negitive opinions on this product?

also is there any other alternitives i should be looking at?

I know line 6 is a good brand, although i have limited use of their products and mainly need an interface with XLR and 1/4 inputs. The amp/FX modeling is interesting on this product but not a necessity.

Kind regards,

Deano :apple:

mkrishnan
Aug 24, 2009, 06:53 PM
I have the UX2. I'm quite happy with it -- the sound quality is pretty clean, it works well, the software is easy to use, etc. It's very easy to get it to the point where the recording quality coming out of it is good. Price was somewhat a concern since this is very much just a hobby for me, so I bought mine on eBay... if price is less a concern, Edirol is supposed to be very nice. I haven't used all the other boxes in the price range but the guitar players complain of noise on a several of them, so it probably would be good to try to read reviews or threads on anything you consider.

polaris20
Aug 26, 2009, 03:57 PM
For the small amount more, I'd get the UX2. Phantom power and two XLR inputs, plus VU meters.

GabooN
Aug 26, 2009, 11:08 PM
i have the Toneport UX2 (the back/red model before they made them the POD studios)

I love it. I live in an apartment near campus and I can just jam along with headphones instead of worrying about being super loud. I have been trying it out with garageband recently and everything works very smoothly.

I mainly use GearBox still instead of Pod Farm since I can play along to mp3s directly in gearbox