Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonnyboi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Hi,

i am having trouble with my website. I design my website and upload in to the server. On my mac, everything looks great. I tried the site on a pc laptop and some images were missing. I checked the file name and codes and they are correct. What can i do to fix so that the image will display on the pc too??

jon

Mmarzex

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2009
Hi,

i am having trouble with my website. I design my website and upload in to the server. On my mac, everything looks great. I tried the site on a pc laptop and some images were missing. I checked the file name and codes and they are correct. What can i do to fix so that the image will display on the pc too??

jon

It may be if you tried it in IE that it didn't render it correctly but also if you don't absolutely need dreamweaver us something like textmate or coda because dreamweaver is not very good at formatting things correctly.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
My condolences my friend; the thing is most of the people on here work in the industry and I'm like yourself; just trying to do my own website.
I bought dreamweaver and was going to use it's 'design' view; but problems like what you are experiencing. It uses old methods and I'm praying that you didn't draw frames/ tables; because they don't display your info great (not the end of the world though).
The problem is different browsers process the info in different ways and they all have their own problems. The only way to sort them out is to 'code'. IE and Netscape browsers are the worst; IE 7 & 8 are better.
Like I said I don't know my stuff and no doubt some stuff I've said here is wrong and I'll embarass myself again :eek:.
Go into 'code' view by clicking on the top left tabs and paste all of your code here and some generous people will probably help you out. Also perform some searches on the type of problems you're having and you'll hopefully come across some remedies.

mikeyhu

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
Bit of a long shot but a common cause of images not displaying in IE but working fine in FF/Safari is that IE cannot display CMYK images, so you may need to make sure any images you saved are in RGB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.