PDA

View Full Version : Apple refocuses on mass market

MacBytes
Jun 27, 2004, 10:29 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple refocuses on mass market (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040627112919)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

billyboy
Jun 28, 2004, 06:12 AM
With 95% of the market untapped, and a proven product to sell, and increasing brand awareness with every new iPod sold, what more would a merchant want as far as potential upside? And considering the nearest Apple Center is 180 miles from me, I dont think they are doing anything to increase my Mac experience that a local guy couldnt have a go at doing instore

abc123
Jun 28, 2004, 07:24 AM
putting macs in department stores over here HAS to be a good thing.
when getting an idea of what was on the market and price the first place that i looked for my notebook was myers and david jones. i didn't really have any intention of purchasing from them but they generally have a wide selection all in the one place and have stores all over the city. here in brisbane, i am yet to see an apple computer for sale outside of an apple specific store. most computer buyers wouldn't think of buying an apple let alone looking for a reseller, placing apple computers alongside pcs will not only mean that i no longer have to walk 20 minutes to get to a reseller after a 15 minute bus trip, but also that macs become an option for everyone and not only people who know what they want and are prepared to hunt down a reseller.
even if they are not selling computers right away, people will go away with that image of an powerbook or apple cinema display in their minds and might see apple as a genuine possibility for future purchases.

themadchemist
Jun 28, 2004, 04:23 PM
Hmm, it might work this time around; you never know. Apple has more products that are within the grasp (interest & price) of the average consumer now...However, if Apple continues to price its products right out of the consumers' hands, as it did by removing the 17" display, then it's not going to see much success with this method.

It's great that people get to see the products; it's even better when people can afford them.