PDA

View Full Version : Playing with track live question

Jaredistheman
Aug 24, 2009, 10:32 PM
So in my band we want to play with synth/keys tracks and drum loops live, but i'm not quite sure how to do it. The thing that sounds the best is to have the the song layed out in logic or garageband or whatever and have the synth parts where we want them to play. But we want our drummer to be able to hear a metronome so all the parts play in the right time and everything.

After trying to scrape up some info on how to make it all work, the best i could find was to get some type of usb multi output interface and assign the click and keys/synth drum loop stuff to come out of one and just the keys etc to come out of the other(which would go to the house). My question is what program could i use to do this and what hardwear would i need (cheapest is best obviously). I have a tascam us-122 recording interface but i'm not sure that would work. And i dont know how to assign where certain audio tracks go for output in logic or any program i have.

Thanks for any help! Its much appreciated!

deej999
Aug 25, 2009, 07:03 AM
Logic Studio (Logic 9 and Mainstage 2) is perfect for doing this. Mainstage 2 is designed for live performance. Can do all the things you mention and more. Another option is Ableton Live.

Hardware: How many inputs do you need? Like you have 1 guitar player wants to use the amps in Mainstage = 1 input, 1 vocal / mic input, 1 bass, etc etc.

Firewire interface is better idea than USB.

deej