Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I refuse to buy any app with in app purchases of things that should already be included in the app.

Can in app purchases be pirated, because I'm almost convincing myself to go down that road.

RED™

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
Near German Black Forest
I refuse to buy any app with in app purchases of things that should already be included in the app.

Can in app purchases be pirated, because I'm almost convincing myself to go down that road.

There's no need to tell that you don't HAVE TO buy them, right? Other than that, 1.99 is a catch and it's just a tiny amount for the art work put in that game.

And if you were smart, you would've kept your piracy thing to yourself :rolleyes:

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009

It amazes me the number of people who had the three-hundred dollars to buy the iPhone, pay a one-hundred dollar plus AT&T phone bill monthly, and yet can not afford to pay for an app worth as much as an energy drink. Are you a freakin' poser? Do you like to buy expensive Coach purses or BS Abercrombie & Fitch merchandise, and yet still ask your parents for money? Did you put a nice stereo system and unnecessarily large wheels on your car missing half of its paint with no air conditioning?....or do your parents just do everything for you??

Serioulsly, if you like the app and want the app, do the legitimate thing and buy it. It supports the people who created the app.

They make cool stuff that you want;
So you should pay them for it,
So that they can possibly make even more cool stuff.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
It amazes me the number of people who had the three-hundred dollars to buy the iPhone, pay a one-hundred dollar plus AT&T phone bill monthly, and yet can not afford to pay for an app worth as much as an energy drink. Are you a freakin' poser? Do you like to buy expensive Coach purses or BS Abercrombie & Fitch merchandise, and yet still ask your parents for money? Did you put a nice stereo system and unnecessarily large wheels on your car missing half of its paint with no air conditioning?....or do your parents just do everything for you??

Serioulsly, if you like the app and want the app, do the legitimate thing and buy it. It supports the people who created the app.

*sigh* ... I love how you generalize and think of me as a dependant of my parents. I buy apps, and lots of them. But I refuse to buy an incomplete app that I will have to keep paying for to keep it fun, when it should be complete from the moment they release it.

This kind of in app purchase bullcrap encourages developers to release incomplete applications in order to rape end users into paying more for adding finishing touches that should already be there.

Do you buy a car without the hubcaps, paint or the with a radio that has the FM band missing?

Don't you usually expect to have the whole package?

Oh, now it's time to shoot down your distorted view of me.
I haven't asked for money from my parents since I've started working. I earn more than enough to have purchased a house with a hefty down payment with my wife, I have a cheap, eco friendly car with all the stock options. I don't buy expensive designer clothing, or purses (I'm a dude).

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007

It amazes me how you think that because I spent 200 bucks on my phone, I can afford apps. I do buy a few apps, but I saved up for the iPhone, so I would be able to buy the app other then the fact that I spent my 200 bucks on the phone, and am saving up for a bike now.

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
Any fool that would spend $300 on a phone and $100/mo for the bill, shouldn't have enough sense to earn enough more of an income to be able to afford an App. And that might just include me!

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Do you buy a car without the hubcaps, paint or the with a radio that has the FM band missing?

That's a bogus comparison. The guy was responding to the claim that "Because this app is 'incomplete' I'll just steal it!"

If I take your point and apply it across, if someone wanted to sell me a car with no hubcaps, I could just steal it?

RiceRacerDX

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
*sigh* ... I love how you generalize and think of me as a dependant of my parents. I buy apps, and lots of them. But I refuse to buy an incomplete app that I will have to keep paying for to keep it fun, when it should be complete from the moment they release it.

This kind of in app purchase bullcrap encourages developers to release incomplete applications in order to rape end users into paying more for adding finishing touches that should already be there.

Don't you usually expect to have the whole package?

Oh, now it's time to shoot down your distorted view of me.
I haven't asked for money from my parents since I've started working. I earn more than enough to have purchased a house with a hefty down payment with my wife, I have a cheap, eco friendly car with all the stock options. I don't buy expensive designer clothing, or purses (I'm a dude).
You answered your own dilemma. What do you do if someone tries to sell you an incomplete car??...you DON'T buy it and you don't go stealing it either! Simple.

So if you have the money, then use it. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. You obviously earn "more than enough," so don't stoop down to a lowlife and go stealing things just, because you didn't like it man.

Your reasoning is that if you don't like how the developer presents their app for purchasing, then you'll steal it. I have had to pay for expensive medical apps, games, and then there's this damn TomTom app, and it pisses me off to know that I'm paying for apps, while others see no problem in stealing them.

Stealing was never right...ever, regardless of how "complete" you consider the item being stolen to be.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
You answered your own dilemma. What do you do if someone tries to sell you an incomplete car??...you DON'T buy it and you don't go stealing it either! Simple.

Then what do you do when all car manufacturers start to think that it's acceptable to sell incomplete cars because car company XYZ is doing it? Then people don't have a choice but to buy something that is unfinished because the companies were allowed to get away with it.

I guess I'm just saying that I don't want incomplete apps to start becoming the norm on the app store among quality apps.

I don't mind paying for map upgrades with tomtom, since it is the nature of the application as roads change.

I don't want to have to pay 99 cents to buy Laser Gun booster packs so that I can beat someone's high score in finland. when to laser booster should already be included in the app.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Let me ask you a question. Is a video game console, like XBOX 360, incomplete because you have to buy additional games—progressively more games if you get tired of the old ones? Is it okay to steal those games?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.