PDA

View Full Version : Did I fry the s-video on my Radeon 9800 PRO?

ChrisFromCanada
Jun 27, 2004, 08:15 PM
See my sig. for my computer info.

I have been using my 9800 PRO for a few weeks now with the DVI - ADC adapter for my apple monitor and it has worked absolutely flawlessly for that purpose to this day. About a week after getting it I decided to try out the s-video output, so, I connected it to my DV camcorder and I could span using the ATI software it and it worked quite well, except for the fact that the lcd on my camcorder is only 2 inches. Next I decided to connect to my TV which I discovered only has composite and no s-video, so, searched google for a converter and saw a guide on how to change s-video to composite and decided to try it myself. I begin by stripping the wires of my s-video cable and once I finished i realized the other end was still plugged in to the video card and realized the stripped wires have probably crossed in the stripping process, but still continue to work on it. When finished it dosen't work so I think to myself ok my wires are probably a little messed up so I connect back up my camcorder and now that dosen't work....(oh crap)...so then I connect a different TV with s-video and that dosen't even work...(d'oh)... in both cases I can't even recognise and video devices using the software. Is there a chance that the crossed wires shot the s-video port on my video card? or maybe the analog portion? or maybe it just a software problem? I will se if the VGA works in a little while.

For refrence I am using software version 4.2.5

I have checked the manual, ATI's FAQ, and searched google. Please Help!

P.S. sorry for the semi long post.