PDA

View Full Version : 12" Powerbook Corrosion

Kwyjibo
Jun 27, 2004, 09:51 PM
So i've officially got some time where ican give up my computer for a few days and I have a problem with my 867 superdrive powerbook.

for the past few months my powerbook has began corroding on the wrist rest .... I'm trying to determine if apple will fix this under warranty, i've attached a picture i took with my old digital camera and its not that great but it communicates the idea. This continues tho because the area spreads and more smaller dots are appearing....

do u guys think apple will replace what needs to be replaced?

yoda13
Jun 27, 2004, 10:18 PM
Well, they should replace that. However, I'll bet that they say that you had some foreign substance on your wrist, etc. and that they aren't responsible.
I hope that mine doesn't start doing that. Good luck.

Kwyjibo
Jun 27, 2004, 10:27 PM
well its not my watch, and its not anything from my work or a chemical because most of this developed while at school when I wasn't working .. .

m4rc
Jan 29, 2005, 12:39 PM
Long time ago, but wondered if you got this fixed? Many people are having the same thing happen to their PowerBooks, and Apple is saying 'tough'.

maya
Jan 29, 2005, 12:45 PM
well its not my watch, and its not anything from my work or a chemical because most of this developed while at school when I wasn't working .. .

Your sweat is corrosive. ;) :)

Tell Apple that, they cannot say anything, if they do sue them. :)