Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Without satellite feeds or quicktime streams, coverage for WWDC's keynote address is more difficult to obtain. MacRumors should have Keynote coverage, however.

Options for coverage include:

IRC

a) Download the MacRumors IRC Client which connects you to the proper channel.
b) If you have your own IRC Client, point it to irc.krono.net, #macrumors or irc.tecknohost.com, #macrumors
d) Web based client can be found at here

Please choose only one option.

Web Coverage

MacRumors will be providing web based coverage. https://www.macrumors.com will redirect to the proper pages as the time approaches.

The WWDC keynote starts at 1pm Eastern time.

CholEoptera36

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2004
wow sounds like fun... I guess I'll be catching the inside scoop on here all day.

Anywho, 2 more hours to go! but who's counting?

nsb3000

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Macrumors said:
Without satellite feeds or quicktime streams, coverage for WWDC's keynote address is more difficult to obtain. MacRumors should have Keynote coverage, however.

Options for coverage include:

IRC

a) Download the MacRumors IRC Client which connects you to the proper channel.
b) If you have your own IRC Client, point it to irc.krono.net, #macrumors or irc.tecknohost.com, #macrumors
d) Web based client can be found at here

Please choose only one option.

Web Coverage

MacRumors will be providing web based coverage. https://www.macrumors.com will redirect to the proper pages as the time approaches.

The WWDC keynote starts at 1pm Eastern time.

My Bi-annual time to "Geek-out" is here again!

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Good, hopefully the IRC on the front page will attract more people. Last year hundreds of us were waiting for the details on Panther. As for the forums....

Most users ever online was 2652, 01-06-2004 at 03:14 PM.

Let's see if we are going to break that today.

Less than 3 hours!

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
aahhh!!!!

This java thing in the browser is causing Safari to dick up! I've had to Force Quit it 3 times in the last 10 minutes!

Go macrumors!!

only 2 hours and 35 minutes!!!

nsb3000

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Freg3000 said:
Good, hopefully the IRC on the front page will attract more people. Last year hundreds of us were waiting for the details on Panther. As for the forums....

Most users ever online was 2652, 01-06-2004 at 03:14 PM.

Let's see if we are going to break that today.

Less than 3 hours!

We can brake the record, I know we can! (If only the Macrumors Forums server can handel it...

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
I hope apple posts the quicktime stream of it in a few days like it normally does. If they don't then I will just be heartbroken :(

klaus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
Belgium
I can't seem to hide the quit messages from the server. If the coverage starts, i'll have to read between these quit messages all the time, not very handy.

I'm able to hide the join messages, but not the quits..

i'm using the web irc client.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
nsb3000 said:
We can brake the record, I know we can! (If only the Macrumors Forums server can handel it...

yeah, I can see all the slashdot trolls pushing the 'refresh' button every 6 seconds saying: "down with the server!!!"

2 hours and 33 minutes!!

mms

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2003
CA
They probabaly will have a stream, just like they always do. They're still not broadcasting to the Apple Stores, correct?

nsb3000

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
Boston, MA
NusuniAdmin said:
I hope apple posts the quicktime stream of it in a few days like it normally does. If they don't then I will just be heartbroken :(

I hope they post it tonight...I can't decided whether to read the Macrumors coverage, as it happens, or not look at anything until the stream is posted and watch that.

rastafari

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2004
why would apple not stream this? its so stupid. they know 100,000+ tune in and watch everytime they stream a keynote. I would hope it will at least be availible to view after its over and edited. i'm so bummed its not being streamed :(

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
wow! we just passed 2,000 active users, and im not getting the DoS message as much as i thought

arn! theres a bunch of idiots on the irc!

some of the things they are saying:

they are going to discontinue the powerbook
someone has a g5 powerbook
multiple people are complaing about not having processors made out of diamonds
people say there is going to be a video ipod
tiger will be x86 only
there will be virtual desktops in tiger (i like that idea, but its not gonna happen)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.