Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b0ng587

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2004
I will be going to college next summer and I basically have two more times that I can get apple stuff, christmas and b-day/graduation (lol). Should I get a 20" display for xmas, and 15" G4 powerbook(or w/e is out by then) for the gaduation to plug it into, or should I get a 20" Display and the G5 powermac(or w/e is out by then) for just graduation, or should I just get the 17" power book for graduation? Or if u have any other suggestions they would be appreciated aswell... thanks! SOMEONE PLZ REPLY!!!..... IVE BEEN PONDERING THIS STUFF FOR A WHILE NOW.

mikeyfern

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2004
I love posts like this. Should I ask mummy and papa for a Rolls-Royce or a pony?

When I went to college my dad bought me a really nice Gateway PC (Pentium 1, I think it was 66Mhz) when I wanted a Mac. I used it for 5 years, that computer was awesome.

What I'm trying to say is who cares. Just get a powerbook, and try to relax.

Mr Poop E Pantz

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2004
WV
It would be helpfull to know what your going to be studying, but even if you'll be editing video and doing 3D work you probably won't need the power of two computers to get through college. Once you graduate and need them to earn an income, maybe, but until then a powerbook for college wouldn't be a bad option. Portability comes in handy. No matter what you get something better will come along. Thats how computers are, you can't fight it. I would say go for a 12 or 15 G5 powerbook, hoping they will be available by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.