Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrwmba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
MakeMKV is uniformly crashing on me after about 30min of work. Panasonic blu-ray reader and burner, all looks good, then "failed" message. If the movie is short enough to finish before about 30 minutes elapses it converts, but main features crash after 30 min. Tried on rev c MBA and on iMac 2.8. Using the very latest version of MakeMKV updated earlier this week. Thoughts or suggestions anyone?

BORIStheBLADE

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Check the disc for scratches. It probably isn't, but I had two DVD's crash on me recently and couldn't figure out why. Until I put them in the dvd player and they wouldn't want to play in certain parts of the movie.

jrwmba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
No scratches. Tried two different discs - Mission impossible 3 and Watchmen - before I got frustrated and made this post.

jrwmba

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
If anyone cares I solved my problem. This player/burner is USB powered but the manual says "attach to supplemental power for burning". Well, it needs the extra power for ripping also otherwise it fails.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I can't even get MakeMKV to install. It just starts to install and gives an "Install Error" and quits. I really wanted to try this out but no luck so far.

EDIT: I am running SL 10.6

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I can't even get MakeMKV to install. It just starts to install and gives an "Install Error" and quits. I really wanted to try this out but no luck so far.

EDIT: I am running SL 10.6
Found my problem. You have to be an administrator when you run the installer, instead of merely giving your administrator credentials like just about every other installer out there. Why did they do such a dumb thing without even noting it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.