PDA

View Full Version : Facebook 3.0 Now Available in App Store

MacRumors
Aug 27, 2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/08/27/facebook-3-0-now-available-in-app-store/)

Facebook iPhone developer Joe Hewitt reports (http://twitter.com/joehewitt/status/3587818377) that Facebook 3.0 [App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284882215&mt=8), Free] has been approved by Apple and is now available in the App Store. While the App Store description still contains information for version 2.5, the actual download is now version 3.0.

A note (http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=145061571354) posted on the company's Facebook for iPhone page last week detailed the numerous enhancements in the new version, and offered screenshots of the revamped interface.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/08/27/174034-facebook_1.jpg

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/08/27/174035-facebook_2.jpg

Article Link: Facebook 3.0 Now Available in App Store (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/08/27/facebook-3-0-now-available-in-app-store/)

tclary
Aug 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
I KNEW throwing a Palm Pre into a volcano would work! THANKS Facebook gods!!

TEG
Aug 27, 2009, 04:53 PM
Can't get it yet, either via iPhone or iTunes.

Now it is there, but I had to click on update several times.

TEG

londonmystery
Aug 27, 2009, 04:59 PM
Itunes shows that update 3.0 is available but when you try and download it itunes then says no updates available. WTF. :):)

Worked eventually, just keep clicking on update.

Finally an update! Hopefully you'll finally be able to like things and from the pictures, the interface seems much better.

arkmannj
Can't get it yet, either via iPhone or iTunes.

Now it is there, but I had to click on update several times.

TEG

I had to try in iPhone app a few times then it showed up

josechung
Aug 27, 2009, 05:01 PM
Working now.

Truckondo
Aug 27, 2009, 05:03 PM
it's about time. Had to launch the app store 3 times before it showed up. Off to sample it!

Squonk
Aug 27, 2009, 05:03 PM
Mine downloaded right off the bat. When I run it, I get a white screen for 20 seconds and then return to the main iphone icon screen. I'll try a reboot... :mad:

EDIT: I tried it once more before rebooting and now it's working. I hope it doesn't take three launches every time I want to use it...

The Phazer
Aug 27, 2009, 05:05 PM
Installed. Woo!

Finally. Mine showed up in the updates screen of the UK store on my phone after a couple of tries.

Phazer

khirok
Aug 27, 2009, 05:06 PM
Had to reload app store a few times, but is finally downloading.

greenhero
Aug 27, 2009, 05:07 PM
Yes about time. After the head programmer picked fault the approval process i thought they would put his at the back of the line. Now when will the updated yahoo messenger app be released?

DrewDaHilp1
Aug 27, 2009, 05:18 PM
Already worth the wait, so much better than the old one!

iphoneg33k
Aug 27, 2009, 05:21 PM
So far so good. Like how they made the menu nice and clean. All I need to figure out is how to make "status Update" be my default when I start it up.

Besides that I like it.
Thanks for the update.

beany14
Aug 27, 2009, 05:29 PM
No problem with the update. So far so good!

SFStateStudent
Aug 27, 2009, 05:29 PM
Way to go FB; finally, a workable FB app on my iPhone. Sure reminds me of Safari...:cool:

The Phazer
Aug 27, 2009, 05:31 PM
Hmm. First impressions -

No more seeing people become friends. Boo.

Landscape works when typing messages. Woohoo!

Still can't copy and paste most of the app's text. For example, I can't copy fields from an event that might list a place name to look for it in Google Maps. That's extremely annoying. The address field will click through to maps, but sometimes people don't write their events with mobile compatability in mind...

When typing a message you now can't look at the message you're replying to. At all. That's really annoying if it's a long/complex reply to various questions. Cancelling the message wipes it, so you can't go back and forth like that either.

The photos tab itself only loads my albums, and has no facility to look at "photos of me" - for that I have to make extra clicks into my own profile. Odd UI decision.

Still doesn't seem to be the ability to tag a new person in an existing photograph. That has tripped me up before in a pub more than once.
EDIT: Oops, as pointed out below you can tag people. Ace.

Can't look at event walls for no apparent reason.

Chat does seem to actually work, which is good.

The notifications section does a pretty good job of replicating the desktop.

Messages are actually loading, which is an improvement on 2.0 and 2.5...

Still lots to do on this app, IMO.

Phazer

casik
Aug 27, 2009, 05:32 PM
I installed it... froze my iPhone once the app launched, and then had to hardboot my phone... now my phone won't turn back on for more than 5 seconds and i have to do a hard restore...

looks sweet tho... wish i was using it right now instead of waiting to get home to fix my phone!

Krafty
Aug 27, 2009, 05:47 PM
Now this is a facebook app. Loving it.

Rob Mclovin
Aug 27, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hmm. First impressions -

No more seeing people become friends. Boo. No one ever cared if Bettsy became friends with Susan!

Landscape works when typing messages. Woohoo!

Still can't copy and paste most of the app's text. For example, I can't copy fields from an event that might list a place name to look for it in Google Maps. That's extremely annoying. The address field will click through to maps, but sometimes people don't write their events with mobile compatability in mind...

When typing a message you now can't look at the message you're replying to. At all. That's really annoying if it's a long/complex reply to various questions. Cancelling the message wipes it, so you can't go back and forth like that either.

The photos tab itself only loads my albums, and has no facility to look at "photos of me" - for that I have to make extra clicks into my own profile. Odd UI decision. Go to "Profile, on the bottom click on Photos and there will be "Photos of Rob..."

Still doesn't seem to be the ability to tag a new person in an existing photograph. That has tripped me up before in a pub more than once.
In the old version, if you like held down one finger for 5 seconds, then tapped with a second finger, it would tag a photo"

Can't look at event walls for no apparent reason.

Chat does seem to actually work, which is good.

The notifications section does a pretty good job of replicating the desktop.

Messages are actually loading, which is an improvement on 2.0 and 2.5...

Still lots to do on this app, IMO.

Phazer

Most of everything you said can be done.

Answers in Bold.

Earley008
Aug 27, 2009, 06:00 PM
I was wondering as i can not find anywhere how to upload video i have the 3gs and thought the option was there on the fcebook page it did say it would be there. Any help?

CrackedButter
Aug 27, 2009, 06:05 PM
I was kinda hoping there would be push support for this version when it came to emails. Oh well. Next time I guess.:confused:

dyler
Aug 27, 2009, 06:06 PM
I was wondering as i can not find anywhere how to upload video i have the 3gs and thought the option was there on the fcebook page it did say it would be there. Any help?

Just click the camera icon just the same way you upload a photo!!!

Earley008
Aug 27, 2009, 06:11 PM
Just click the camera icon just the same way you upload a photo!!!

I chose this and i select camera roll but only the photos are shown. i have no option to select the vids! am i still going wrong? Thnaks anyway

emarc09
Aug 27, 2009, 06:13 PM
Just downloaded it, loving every feature! :D

colonels1020
Aug 27, 2009, 06:13 PM
I don't see the update on iTunes or in the App Store on my iPhone. I've reloaded both of them several times too. :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind, it showed up. :P

.Andy
Aug 27, 2009, 06:15 PM
On topic. I quite like the new app. Well polished and does what it needs to. They've made good use of the user interface of iPod/iPhone OS.

VSMacOne
Aug 27, 2009, 06:20 PM
I chose this and i select camera roll but only the photos are shown. i have no option to select the vids! am i still going wrong? Thnaks anyway

I think it only works on the 3GS. When i tap the camera, it bring up Select Photo or Video.

Earley008
Aug 27, 2009, 06:21 PM
I think it only works on the 3GS. When i tap the camera, it bring up Select Photo or Video.

I have the 3gs so il try a clean install thanks for the info

wrldwzrd89
Aug 27, 2009, 06:25 PM
Not showing up for me, anywhere. :confused:

Looking forward to this, when it does finally show up though.

EDIT: Finally did appear, had to check for updates about 5 times before it found it. :p

Earley008
Aug 27, 2009, 06:27 PM

Thankyou i did find it i was trying to add a video to the photo library when on the news feed it does give the option

iheartipodtouch
Aug 27, 2009, 06:27 PM
While you are viewing a photo, click on the little arrow in the square and then it will give you the option to tag a photo.

This app update makes Facebook do pretty much everything the browser version can do. It's amazing.

bigrash
Aug 27, 2009, 06:32 PM
Pretty good update. It crashes everytime on me when I browse all the way down to my friend list.

spillproof
Aug 27, 2009, 06:34 PM
Seems to be working well. I have not experienced any major problems. Just some sluggishness and hangups on large picture galleries. Maybe it is on the server side with all the people using it.

bbotte
Aug 27, 2009, 06:38 PM
anyway, can you hide the dumb quizes people post in the app? Or is that still only a feature on the web?

matt550
Aug 27, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cant get it, Ive been trying for 15 minutes on the iPhone and computer, no update available :(

Edit: To everyone who cant get it, make a post like I did then it will be available the very next try lol

VSMacOne
Aug 27, 2009, 06:39 PM
This is fantastic! I'm impressed with the apps responsiveness and just how well it handles overall. LOVE that you can now DELETE tags, and i noticed that on the website, if you post from the iPhone, it now specifically says Posted from Facebook for iPhone". cool

Cant get it, Ive been trying for 15 minutes on the iPhone and computer, no update available :(

delete the app and THEN reinstall. even if it says it's 2.5. you'll get the latest one

iHalo
Aug 27, 2009, 06:39 PM
Works extremely well. :) Great job Joe Hewitt!

safetyobc
Aug 27, 2009, 06:41 PM
I like it a lot! Works great. Kinda looks Palm OS - ish.

matt550
Aug 27, 2009, 06:43 PM
delete the app and THEN reinstall. even if it says it's 2.5. you'll get the latest one

Good idea thanks, it worked on the very next try after I made my post

thefourthpope
Aug 27, 2009, 07:07 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Got it just now, and it's going great! The favorites page is an excellent addition; landsape makes everything better!

Detlev
Aug 27, 2009, 07:10 PM
Downloaded it and am using it. Much better than the old version. Fan Pages are separated from My Pages = Nice touch.

daneoni
Aug 27, 2009, 07:21 PM
Wasnt this update suppose to have push notifications?

Compile 'em all
Aug 27, 2009, 07:22 PM
Wasnt this update suppose to have push notifications?

No.

djdole
Aug 27, 2009, 07:22 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3401/photovfp.jpg

:rolleyes:

iphoneftw
Aug 27, 2009, 07:26 PM

-1 :eek: how can that happen

Roy Hobbs
Aug 27, 2009, 07:27 PM
Anyone else having issues with notifications?
I have a "notification" at the bottom of the main screen and it says "Error, your notifications could not be loaded at this time."

Everything else seems to work, it just sucks because it won't clear the badge on the app icon.

lcdbot27
Aug 27, 2009, 07:34 PM
BE AWARE that, regardless of your privacy settings, if you post a status update from the app, it will appear to all your friends. Even if you have people blocked from seeing status updates and such, they will still be able to see it. So don't post anything you wouldn't want everyone to see til they fix this bug!

Ultimatetone
Aug 27, 2009, 07:40 PM
-

I'm noticing that the time stamp on my INBOX messages is too far ahead.

Any ideas how to 'sync' the time stamps to my location, etc?

Marc

iphonetester
Aug 27, 2009, 07:42 PM
I do not know if someone already mentioned this, but you can now upload videos directly. However on my first try app crashed. It works fine if you reboot the phone first. Uploads are somewhat slow even on Wifi but decent enough. The bummer is that when the video is actually uploaded, it cannot be watched. The alert pops up that says that video viewing is being worked on.

d21mike
Aug 27, 2009, 07:51 PM
I have a "notification" at the bottom of the main screen and it says "Error, your notifications could not be loaded at this time."

Everything else seems to work, it just sucks because it won't clear the badge on the app icon.

Yes. After you select the Notication (at bottom of menu page) I get the same Error. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

phairphan
Aug 27, 2009, 08:06 PM
The last version was doing this for me for at least the past several weeks. Don't think it's a problem with 3.0 in particular. Of course, I haven't yet been able to get the updated app to launch without crashing...

-

I'm noticing that the time stamp on my INBOX messages is too far ahead.

Any ideas how to 'sync' the time stamps to my location, etc?

Marc

rawknee
Aug 27, 2009, 08:33 PM

Maybe it's someone requesting to no longer be friends... you should rethink your relationship with people hehe ;-)

A buddy of mine had a problem with "-1" SMS messages on 2 iPhones already. Maybe they were drunk texts that people wanted back the next day...lmao. Are you syncing to a PC by any chance? Don't know if that would have anything to do with it, but if they're anything like iPods, there are Mac versions of the iPod OS and PC versions. It might be different since iPhone is flash memory though.

Aaaaanyway... LOVE the new app! I especially "like" the addition of the "like" option. That really bugged me from the old version. I would see in my notifications that "Johnny A likes your photo" but you couldn't see which photo Johnny liked! Nice touch.

twoodcc
Aug 27, 2009, 08:45 PM
dang it took forever for my iphone to catch the update, but it finally did. just installed

orpheus1120
Aug 27, 2009, 09:08 PM
I do not know if someone already mentioned this, but you can now upload videos directly. However on my first try app crashed. It works fine if you reboot the phone first. Uploads are somewhat slow even on Wifi but decent enough. The bummer is that when the video is actually uploaded, it cannot be watched. The alert pops up that says that video viewing is being worked on.

That's right, only that video viewing on iphones and ipod touches don't work at the current moment. Viewing on desktops are fine though. Just tested it.

JRTeK
Aug 27, 2009, 09:19 PM
in the notifications is u cant delete them... i been trying it and if theres a way... i cant figure it out...

westernmass
Aug 27, 2009, 09:24 PM
couple things for me so far on Gen1 8G iPhone

Events are listed oldest to newest so the first one I see is one I have in Dec 09 is there a way to switch that?

Noticed you can rearraign the front page like your apps. Hold down like you would an app and you can move around the set up. Anyone elase notice or am I just late and didn't read it.

Crashes everytime for me when trying to add a page on second page of icons.

djdjek
Aug 27, 2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah! I love the new update. :apple:

matttnyc
Aug 27, 2009, 09:28 PM
i notice that when you get an email you can't see all the people the email was addressed to! So you have no idea who or how many people you are replying too. Someone please correct me if i missed something, but this seems like a ridiculous thing to leave out. Over all though I love some of the other improvements.

gibbz
Aug 27, 2009, 09:36 PM
I absolutely love the updated app!!

nkawtg72
Aug 27, 2009, 09:50 PM
after downloading it crashed twice while trying to start the app. so i restarted phone, and it has worked perfectly since.

first impressions are that i like it a lot. cleaner interface. i like the favorite friends page that you can add friends to and reorder them like you do with your apps.

i'm sure it's still missing certain things, or lost some things, but it looks like the meat and potatoes are finally being served on the same plate.

GAdawg
Aug 27, 2009, 10:03 PM
About time... I got it and its definitely better than the old one, but still lacks features like push chat. Also, has anyone else been experiencing random crashes? Mine will just randomly shut down for no reason...

andrew0122
Aug 27, 2009, 10:15 PM
Love this new version. I have to say I have been using FaceBook since it was 'cool'. . . well at least since it was college only. I must admit since the original app came out for the iPhone I've dropped using the PC unless I needed to do something with an event. Nice addition I must add.

But, does anyone know how to edit the pages after you've added people, but want to move them around?

orpheus1120
Aug 27, 2009, 10:18 PM
Here's a bug I found:-

If you try to add a friend to your main page by tapping the "+" sign, the app will crash if you tap and slide the scrollbar on the right (at the list of friends' page). If it doesn't crash on the first time, continue sliding the scrollbar will.

Same thing happens if you access the "Friends" icon.

Wakakanada
Aug 27, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm glad there's an update, I wasn't too impressed with the old version I downloaded on the weekend...but why didn't this show up as an available update :confused:?

Surely
Aug 27, 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm glad there's an update, I wasn't too impressed with the old version I downloaded on the weekend...but why didn't this show up as an available update :confused:?

It will. It's been known to happen that an update doesn't show up right away.

I don't really like the new icon. It looks weird that the 'f' is not centered.

cdembek
Aug 27, 2009, 10:41 PM
Just crashes FB when I try to launch the app.... arugh!!!

tctony
Aug 27, 2009, 11:02 PM
Ugh....so where is the settings to arrange your friends list by last name instead of first?

hollerz
Aug 28, 2009, 12:35 AM
Still no groups support, STILL have to use Safari :(

Cannedkoala
Aug 28, 2009, 12:45 AM
The time listed for an event is different on the phone compared to the web interface.

All my times are shifted +17 hours.

eg: Dinner Sunday 6:30pm, on iphone is Monday 11:29AM

For all my events, Anyone else the same?

kockgunner
Aug 28, 2009, 12:58 AM
Even though I don't use Facebook that much, I was looking forward to this update. So far so good, I'm liking the app if not just for the new look. Some things still need to be done in the full Facebook site on a desktop.

MacFly123
Aug 28, 2009, 02:39 AM
I dunno about on the iPhone, but on the web I have tons of problems with FaceBook all the time. glitches, bugs, all sorts of problems on their site, from UI, to posting links or comments, posting videos, and on and on. Am I the only one??? :confused: I think FaceBook really needs to get some better web developers! :rolleyes:

Melodic
Aug 28, 2009, 02:53 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

App os soooooo much better now. The favorites page is a nice addition and I'm glad my news feed has ALL updates now and I like the ability to like things from the app now!

rwskemer
Aug 28, 2009, 02:56 AM
Anybody figure out how to clear your status? The last version had a clear status button when you would update your status. I don't want to delete the status and all comments on it, just clear it to nothing. Any ideas?

salfordred
Aug 28, 2009, 03:25 AM
I'm having a nightmare with this. I installed the update... took ages. Then when I came to launch it... Blank white screen and then back to the home screen. I tried this 5 or 6 times with the same result. I restarted the iPhone 3 times and continued trying... still nothing.... So I uninstalled the app. Then when I come to the app store... it is telling me that it's already installed when it clearly isn't. Also... when I go into settings and look at the applications... the name facebook is there with no icon or any other options when I select it... any ideas ?

hazza.jockel
Aug 28, 2009, 04:09 AM

-1 :eek: how can that happen

Thats not a new feature!

Diatribe
Aug 28, 2009, 04:12 AM
What a crappy update. My news feed isn't loading because of some error. I hate the new layout because you can't see at one glance your notifications, inbox, etc. but you have to push a button first and third I really dislike the new icon.
Well, without having my news feed I went back to 2.5. The new functionality is great but not with this interface, can't see why everyone is so excited... :confused:

cdembek
Aug 28, 2009, 05:33 AM
Downloaded several times, just crashes when loading the program!!

colonels1020
Aug 28, 2009, 05:53 AM
Works fine for me on my 2G and 3GS. Slow as heck on the 2G though! I should've waited before updating my 3GS to 3.1... oh well. :/

iSimon
Aug 28, 2009, 06:00 AM
The time listed for an event is different on the phone compared to the web interface.

All my times are shifted +17 hours.

eg: Dinner Sunday 6:30pm, on iphone is Monday 11:29AM

For all my events, Anyone else the same?
Yeah same for me - except all mine are shifted +8 hours. Guess it's timezone related and the app assumes all events are in west coast US time (I'm in the UK and from your username I'm guessing you are in Oz!). I sent joehewitt (the developer of the app) a tweet about it so hopefully he'll be able to sort it out.

sdm1985
Aug 28, 2009, 06:03 AM
I like it but this App is FULL of bugs.

My uploaded videos are not showing on my profile.
The Notifications bar at the bottom is not showing any new events
Cannot delete own status update
I have heard that there are also issues with people seeing things on your linited profile list?!

I think we will be waiting ages for a fix :-(

DavePurz
Aug 28, 2009, 06:25 AM
I'm having a nightmare with this. I installed the update... took ages. Then when I came to launch it... Blank white screen and then back to the home screen. I tried this 5 or 6 times with the same result. I restarted the iPhone 3 times and continued trying... still nothing.... So I uninstalled the app. Then when I come to the app store... it is telling me that it's already installed when it clearly isn't. Also... when I go into settings and look at the applications... the name facebook is there with no icon or any other options when I select it... any ideas ?

There are significant changes to the app in that I've heard several people, including me, having that problem.

For anyone wanting to update the facebook app:

1 - Simply delete the old version,
2 - Reboot your iPhone
3 - Install the new version.

Do you remember your password?

That's it!

iOrlando
Aug 28, 2009, 06:42 AM
after a slight freeze up during first installation...working pretty well now.

No comparison to the prior version (granted this app should have been out months ago). Overall, good update.

iOrlando
Aug 28, 2009, 06:44 AM
What a crappy update. My news feed isn't loading because of some error. I hate the new layout because you can't see at one glance your notifications, inbox, etc. but you have to push a button first and third I really dislike the new icon.
Well, without having my news feed I went back to 2.5. The new functionality is great but not with this interface, can't see why everyone is so excited... :confused:

hmm i'm speechless really...

honestly, i'm trying to think of what to say to someone who thinks the prior version is better and i cant.

vassillios
Aug 28, 2009, 06:50 AM
LOVE the update! It'll take a little while to get used to, but I love it!

tabasco70
Aug 28, 2009, 07:08 AM
Thank god, I hated the old version.
I couldn't chat with anyone because it apparently kept repeatedly showing me as offline and online, switching back and forth.
Also, I hope we can 'like' things and see wall post comments. That annoyed me, when people comented on a wall post on I couldn't see them/reply without a direct post.

Diatribe
Aug 28, 2009, 07:50 AM
hmm i'm speechless really...

honestly, i'm trying to think of what to say to someone who thinks the prior version is better and i cant.

Glad you like it. I just don't. It might grow on me but without the news feed working for me there's no point.

Michael73
Aug 28, 2009, 07:57 AM
This is the second app (Yelp! yesterday) where I read that an update was available on MR but no updates were available through the App Store icon on the phone itself. :confused:

I had no problem going and re-downloading the app. In each case it gave me a message like, "This update is free since you already own this app."

I don't mind going and re-downloading manually but it's just more to keep up with. Anyone know why these updates aren't appearing through the update feature on the phone?

EarthDawn
Aug 28, 2009, 08:05 AM

Yep I got that too... :confused:

moviefanaddict2
Aug 28, 2009, 08:06 AM
Does anyone else have a problem were certain people's profiles show up in your friend's list but then when you go to their profile there's no picture and it says "no posts"? One of my friends shows up like that and I logged into her account and their are no limitations set on her profile that I can see that would prevent me from viewing her profile. These same people also show up in the chat but when I try and chat with them, the app crashes. This is for both new and old versions.

iOrlando
Aug 28, 2009, 08:13 AM
This is the second app (Yelp! yesterday) where I read that an update was available on MR but no updates were available through the App Store icon on the phone itself. :confused:

I had no problem going and re-downloading the app. In each case it gave me a message like, "This update is free since you already own this app."

I don't mind going and re-downloading manually but it's just more to keep up with. Anyone know why these updates aren't appearing through the update feature on the phone?

mine showed up in updates to download...maybe you checked too soon? dont know

michael.lauden
Aug 28, 2009, 08:18 AM

look how many people use iPhones. now look how many people use Facebook. i'll go out on a limb and say most iPhone users use Facebook.

the app store was most likely swamped on that SINGLE download. it's not that big of a deal, i had it listed as an update and i clicked it a few hours after i saw i was released.

at the end of the day, you still have the update, and you didn't really have to hack around it.

Roy Hobbs
Aug 28, 2009, 08:19 AM
I like it but this App is FULL of bugs.

My uploaded videos are not showing on my profile.
The Notifications bar at the bottom is not showing any new events
Cannot delete own status update
I have heard that there are also issues with people seeing things on your linited profile list?!

I think we will be waiting ages for a fix :-(

*I uploaded a video and it shows in my profile.
*My notification bar is updating (I can't open notification without error,but that something else.
*You can delete your status from your profile
*Yes I believe this is a bug

bamerican
Aug 28, 2009, 08:21 AM
I was kinda hoping there would be push support for this version when it came to emails. Oh well. Next time I guess.:confused:

Developer said on his FB page that push is coming in 3.1.

codyc
Aug 28, 2009, 08:41 AM
Still no groups support, STILL have to use Safari :(

I totally agree it should support GROUPS! This is the one thing that is missing that I would like to see!

johnnyjibbs
Aug 28, 2009, 08:52 AM
I'd imagine Apple doesn't want to overload the servers, which is why the update is appearing in a staggered fashion. If it doesn't show up, simply search for Facebook in the App Store and download it again.

VSMacOne
Aug 28, 2009, 08:58 AM
Great app so far.
My beef:
- you can't see somebody's status unless you scroll on their wall to look for it. It should be at the top of the page next to the name.
- you can't CLEAR your status like you could in the last version.

Hopefully these will get fixed in 3.1.

Matthew.
Aug 28, 2009, 09:01 AM
- you can't CLEAR your status like you could in the last version.

Hopefully these will get fixed in 3.1.
Yes you can, swipe the status you want to delete and hit delete.

TonyC28
Aug 28, 2009, 09:50 AM
Has anyone noticed that other people commenting in a thread sometimes show up as "Facebook user" instead of their name?

ouimetnick
Aug 28, 2009, 10:07 AM
Has anyone noticed that other people commenting in a thread sometimes show up as "Facebook user" instead of their name?

I have

greenhero
Aug 28, 2009, 10:37 AM
I have

Yes so have I, there is a logical reason for this though. It is due to the individuals setting their privacy and search settings to maximum, therefore there name is blocked in the facebook app, unlike on your mac or pc where their name would appear faded out.

sdm1985
Aug 28, 2009, 10:50 AM
*I uploaded a video and it shows in my profile.
*My notification bar is updating (I can't open notification without error,but that something else.
*You can delete your status from your profile
*Yes I believe this is a bug

:-( What am i doing wrong...i get the screen when the uploading bar completes...it then switches to profile where NO video can be found. I am uploading a 23 second clip taken by my iPhone 3Gs...i have tried filling in the description field but does not seem to work either...i have tried about 20 times!

:-(

Mercury7
Aug 28, 2009, 11:14 AM
Yes. After you select the Notication (at bottom of menu page) I get the same Error. Really hope this gets fixed soon.

Add me to the list with this problem....I posted this on appleinsider and someone told me theirs was working fine?

Mine is a 3gs running 3.0

d21mike
Aug 28, 2009, 11:17 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Add me to the list with this problem....I posted this on appleinsider and someone told me theirs was working fine?

Mine is a 3gs running 3.0

It is working now for me. Have no idea why.

Mercury7
Aug 28, 2009, 11:23 AM
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

It is working now for me. Have no idea why.

thanks mike...mine is still not working....perhaps notifications is on a different server? but would think you would still be down too if that was the case.

Mercury7
Aug 28, 2009, 11:57 AM
I just wrote on someones wall and it showed up as my status update....this is kinda sad....I had read this update was fully baked....apparently not

daneoni
Aug 28, 2009, 01:24 PM
The app seems to be working fine for me. No notification errors or anything of the sort. I wish it had push notifications though. Oh well...baby steps i suppose.

I also don't like the fact that it says posted via facebook for iPhone...seems a bit elaborate. Just say posted via facebook mobile or something

iOrlando
Aug 28, 2009, 02:12 PM
my "Chat" feature isnt working from the main screen. Everytime i click on it..the app crashes..

room237
Aug 28, 2009, 02:31 PM
A lot of great new features, but really disappointing that it doesnt use Push.

Also, I miss the tabs. It was easier to get around, now I have to keep going back to a main screen.

Nineteen88
Aug 28, 2009, 04:23 PM

Microsoft is hindering it. ;)

Xtgirl
Aug 28, 2009, 06:40 PM
I really like it....

The only things I would change are....

Make status updates and newsfeed close to each other when you scroll...these are the only two I use from the list and it takes longer to get to them...

I would like to be able to access my groups on my iPhone...right now I can only do that from my computer

When I get a notification I would like to see what that person posted instead of going to a page that says so and so posted on so and so's page...I would just like to see what was written instead of going through multiple steps.

Overall, I think it was a great update. It's working well for me, not crashing, not showing errors and it looks clean...don't love the scroll bar, but I love the new icon and think as far as most apps go it was a really nice update.

dlmart2
Aug 31, 2009, 06:11 AM
Facebook 3.01 has been released.. anyone notice any differences over 3.0? Was it just bug fixes?

macfan881
Aug 31, 2009, 07:46 AM
Facebook 3.01 has been released.. anyone notice any differences over 3.0? Was it just bug fixes?

if you read the patchnotes you wouldnt be asking this question.... yes its bug fixes

susan123
Sep 1, 2009, 02:09 AM
Got it! its a gr8 application, i just loved it.

kayno
Sep 4, 2009, 08:42 AM
Chat shows a limited list of online friends than whats you see on the web.
You cannot like pictures in your own album in landscape mode, the like button disapears.

I contacted Joe Hewit on twitter, facebook and by email since 3.0 and 3.1 and he hasnt replied me or fixed them in the new 3.2 update. Annoying!

nickrinaldi
Sep 8, 2009, 11:42 AM
i have the newest update to this facebook app and the last 2 days every time i try to upload a picture it says upload could not be completed at this time.

iPhoneVic
Sep 9, 2009, 08:30 AM
i have the newest update to this facebook app and the last 2 days every time i try to upload a picture it says upload could not be completed at this time.

Having the same issue...any body know what could be the cause?