PDA

View Full Version : What should you do with a iMac G4 15" ?

hkechoes
Aug 27, 2009, 09:14 PM
I got a beautiful-designed iMAC (G4 800MHz, 512MB ram, 40G HDD) 5 years ago as my first Mac machine. After buying another Macs (mini, macbook) I put it into storage.

Recently I took it out and plan to install a flavor of Linux (Fedora for PPC) and to make it as a photo album gallery in my living room. But I found the power is not working anymore and render the machine useless.

But I don't want to throw it away (hey, how can I find another machine is sooooooo beautiful??) and would like to ask for help for,

- Is there any places (Hong Kong) that can help me to fix the power problem, for a so old machine?
- If in worst situation, the power problem couldn't be fixed, do you have any suggestion in how to utilize it without power-ing it on?

three
Aug 28, 2009, 04:47 PM
I have a 15" 700MHz iMac G4, and I plan on installing Tiger on it after a RAM upgrade. I currently use it to surf the internet and as a little backup system.

appleguy123
Aug 28, 2009, 04:54 PM
I have a 15" 700MHz iMac G4, and I plan on installing Tiger on it after a RAM upgrade. I currently use it to surf the internet and as a little backup system.

Can you still buy tiger?