Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
hahahahahaha

" apple 12" powerbook, which they do not sell in the apple store anymore"
(they don't even make them anymore)

"With the latest operating system, of tiger, and a hard drive of 80GB; it doesn't get much better than this."

"But hold your horses, Microsoft office 2009, is included on this mac. Which holds Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Entourage and Microsoft Language register." - probably a pirated copy.

scary that some people think this is a good deal.

Cancelled
Jul 13, 2008
Someone needs to Google more...

Haha, Tiger? The latest operating system?! I think he means to write "the latest operating system this ooolllllldddd Mac can handle".

Office 2009?! I didn't even know that exists! :p

I'd maybe pay £800 for an early MacBook Pro, but definitely not one of these things.

AnotherFanBoy

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
lol i thought he was trying it on when i read the description but i wasnt sure if there was some kind of rarity or special thing about those macs that make them fetch high prices.

pesc

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2006
The 12" is the latest Mac laptop that's both portable and has a non-reflective screen. It is a great machine. Apple hasn't released a replacement.

I think the price is a bit high though. But maybe they are becoming rare?

fried-gold

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
Berlin
I saw this ad a while ago, i was feeling nostalgic so i thought i'd try and pick one of these up cheap, they obviously haven't managed to shift it yet. Wonder where he/she is going wrong. ...Maybe that every other 12" MBP there is a 1/3 of the price perhaps?? Office is def a pirate too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.