Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hello,
So I picked up both SL and my Logic 9 upgrade today. A lot of the talk in the OS forums are just "My computer still runs, everything is great". I was wondering who in the audio world has installed 10.6 and how well it runs with you DAW, controllers, and plug-ins. Specifically how well it runs with Logic 9. I am curious about how well Logic 9 handles multi-threading under 10.6. I know there will be some issues with my Native Instruments, as there is always issues there. I am currently between projects so now is the best time to upgrade my Mac Pro, however I'll be starting another project right away after upgrading.

Any experences would be great. I feel audio professionals will be a little more in depth about how everything functions.

deej999

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
Hi synth3tik,

I have not made the leap yet. Also mid project. Many other users have good reports so far. Even some say OSX and Logic respond more quickly and uses multi-cores better. Only problems I heard are some 3rd party plugins. Here are some links:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2131190&tstart=0

On logicprohelp.com there are some threads too. But cannot see them unless you register!

deej

scottyh

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
everything is fine for me, im now on 10.6.1 and everything is running fine, plug ins and logic 9 itself

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.