PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping differences

rendezvouscp
Jun 29, 2004, 01:31 PM
Hello! I'm not here to complain about my G5's sleeping issues, but rather the difference I see between the iMac and G5. When my mom's iMac goes to sleep through the menu or otherwise, nothing will wake the iMac except a mouse or keyboard button press. But my G5 will wake up to the smallest mouse movement.

Oh, and one more thing. Why do Apple's built in displays go dark after a few minutes of inactivity, but their Cinema's don't? Why is there a difference?
–Chase

KingSleaze
Jun 29, 2004, 03:26 PM
Hello! I'm not here to complain about my G5's sleeping issues, but rather the difference I see between the iMac and G5. When my mom's iMac goes to sleep through the menu or otherwise, nothing will wake the iMac except a mouse or keyboard button press. But my G5 will wake up to the smallest mouse movement.

Oh, and one more thing. Why do Apple's built in displays go dark after a few minutes of inactivity, but their Cinema's don't? Why is there a difference?
–Chase

Seems to me that the System Preferences might be set a little differently on the iMac and the G5.