PDA

View Full Version : USB Audio interface not recognized in SL

VirtualRain
Aug 29, 2009, 07:59 PM
My Lexicon U22 USB audio interface was working fine in 10.5.x... now it's not recognized after upgrading to SL even after reinstalling the Lexicon driver.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing a new driver will be required but I was led to believe by folks here that this would not be the case.

salientstimulus
Aug 29, 2009, 11:42 PM
Have you sent a message to Lexicon yet? The I-Onix series is so new, I'm sure they'll be very anxious to get the problem resolved. Or at least I hope so -- I've got the 10.6 disc sitting on my desk, but I guess I'll hold off on upgrading until I know whether my U22 will work...

VirtualRain
Aug 30, 2009, 01:02 AM
Yes, I've sent a message. I don't have a lot of faith in their responsiveness. :(

flux73
Aug 30, 2009, 02:26 AM
Have the same problem. I tried downloading the latest driver from their website, but still no go. I also tweeted about it. If you guys have a twitter account, do a search for "snow leopard lexicon u22". Maybe if send out enough tweets about it, they'll pay attention? I also just registered for the Lexicon Pro forum so I can post about it there.

BTW, have any of you managed to get it sound coming through the U22 using VLC player? I haven't and so I've had to fall back on QT which I like a lot less.

Fishrrman
Aug 30, 2009, 11:17 AM
RE:
"My Lexicon U22 USB audio interface was working fine in 10.5.x... now it's not recognized after upgrading to SL even after reinstalling the Lexicon driver."

The following suggestion may or may not help, but it is worth a try:

- Plug in the Lexicon and boot up the Mac

- Open "Audio/MIDI Setup". It's in the Utilities folder.

- Do you "see the presence" of the Lexicon in A/M's window?

- If you do, then click on it and make some adjustments, and see if your audio app can then see it, too

- If it is NOT recognized, go to the "Window" menu and chose "Show MIDI Window" if it not already open.

- Do you see the Lexicon in the MIDI window? (yes, I realize you're probably dealing with audio and not MIDI, but do this anyway) If you DO NOT, try clicking the "Add Device" icon and see what happens.

flux73
Aug 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
RE:
"My Lexicon U22 USB audio interface was working fine in 10.5.x... now it's not recognized after upgrading to SL even after reinstalling the Lexicon driver."

- If you do, then click on it and make some adjustments, and see if your audio app can then see it, too

- If it is NOT recognized, go to the "Window" menu and chose "Show MIDI Window" if it not already open.

- Do you see the Lexicon in the MIDI window? (yes, I realize you're probably dealing with audio and not MIDI, but do this anyway) If you DO NOT, try clicking the "Add Device" icon and see what happens.
Tried this. No go. It's like the Lexicon I-onix U22 doesn't even exist.

At this point, I'm guessing the driver is incompatible. The driver on the website shows a date of 8-20-09, so I had thought it was updated for SL, but I guess not. Very disappointing that I have to use the headphone jack now to get audio out to my speakers. Mic is down now too. NOT cool Lexicon. It's not like SL was just announced last week. :mad: They have a month to fix it, before I look for another company that does keep their drivers up to date and I pawn this thing off on E-bay. Wasn't working for me in VLC player either and that annoyed me.

Luap
Aug 30, 2009, 03:15 PM
I also tweeted about it. If you guys have a twitter account, do a search for "snow leopard lexicon u22". Maybe if send out enough tweets about it, they'll pay attention? I also just registered for the Lexicon Pro forum so I can post about it there.

For real? Twitter is a fad. The content is 90% drivel (and thats on a good day). I seriously doubt a company like Lexicon pays any attention to a kids social networking gizmo app.
Sorry to be so blunt, but that is what it boils down to.

If you want results. Call them, email them, post on their forum. But 'tweeting' about it will achieve preciously nothing.

flux73
Aug 30, 2009, 05:18 PM
For real? Twitter is a fad. The content is 90% drivel (and thats on a good day). I seriously doubt a company like Lexicon pays any attention to a kids social networking gizmo app.
Sorry to be so blunt, but that is what it boils down to.

If you want results. Call them, email them, post on their forum. But 'tweeting' about it will achieve preciously nothing.
Not saying it will. But it took 2 seconds of my time and I did go there to start to see if anyone else had the same problem. I'd imagine some other people might also. Tweeting achieves nothing until a lot of people post something. I suspect that the audio problem is not limited to just Lexicon products.

VirtualRain
Aug 30, 2009, 07:09 PM
Have the same problem. I tried downloading the latest driver from their website, but still no go. I also tweeted about it. If you guys have a twitter account, do a search for "snow leopard lexicon u22". Maybe if send out enough tweets about it, they'll pay attention? I also just registered for the Lexicon Pro forum so I can post about it there.

BTW, have any of you managed to get it sound coming through the U22 using VLC player? I haven't and so I've had to fall back on QT which I like a lot less.

I also posted in your thread on their forum.

Everyone should submit a support request on their website (note that the comments field can't have spaces in it - what a joke!).

And email them at this address: support@lexiconpro.com

Let's light a fire under these *******s! :mad:

VirtualRain
Aug 30, 2009, 07:17 PM
RE:

I can see it in the "Show MIDI Window" but this doesn't help anything.

VirtualRain
Aug 31, 2009, 11:06 AM
Got this response from Lexicon support...

Hello,

Unfortunately, there are no drivers available for the U22 to work with Mac 10.6.

Regards,
Ryan Hauschild
Lexicon Pro Support

What kind of response is that? :confused: :mad: Needless to say, I've asked for more info on when they might be available.

salientstimulus
Aug 31, 2009, 11:23 AM
What kind of response is that? :confused: :mad: Needless to say, I've asked for more info on when they might be available.

What BS. Now I have to choose between an up-to-date operating system and an audio interface I bought 2 months ago?? If they don't remedy this in the next several weeks, I'm going to make as much noise as I can (reviews at zzounds etc).

Definitely let us know what (if anything) you hear back from them!

VirtualRain
Aug 31, 2009, 11:52 AM
What BS. Now I have to choose between an up-to-date operating system and an audio interface I bought 2 months ago?? If they don't remedy this in the next several weeks, I'm going to make as much noise as I can (reviews at zzounds etc).

Definitely let us know what (if anything) you hear back from them!

Make sure you hound them yourself using their email address, if you haven't already...

support@lexiconpro.com

flux73
Aug 31, 2009, 02:01 PM
That was a ridiculous response. They don't even claim to be working on them. I just posted a review on Zzounds.com. I generously gave them a 3 and then slammed them in the support section. I could understand if they didn't have drivers ready by SL's release date ONLY if they made some sort of announcement that they're working on it, AND gave an estimated timeframe for when they would be out.

Great. So I have a 2 lb paperweight now that cost me a few hundred bucks.

salientstimulus
Sep 18, 2009, 11:28 AM
Has anybody heard anything else from them? A glimmer of hope that a driver is in progress?

flux73
Sep 28, 2009, 11:14 PM
Has anybody heard anything else from them? A glimmer of hope that a driver is in progress?
Nope. Not even a peep. I can't believe they haven't responded to the complaints on their own support forum or to any of the negative reviews that dinged them for lack of SL support. Do they actually want to stay in business??

salientstimulus
Sep 29, 2009, 12:13 AM
It's really infuriating -- not supporting a product that was released this year... really Lexicon?

I just ordered the new Apogee One -- mainly because I wanted something uber-portable for recording loud stuff outside my apartment, but if it really does the trick, then maybe I can finally use those SL install discs that have been sitting on my shelf... Don't think I'll ever buy a Lexicon product again.

Edit: For the icing on the cake, the Lexicon drivers (for Leopard) just caused a kernel panic the moment I turned it on...

Fishrrman
Sep 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
RE:
"My Lexicon U22 USB audio interface was working fine in 10.5.x... now it's not recognized after upgrading to SL even after reinstalling the Lexicon driver.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing a new driver will be required but I was led to believe by folks here that this would not be the case."

and later:

"Got this response from Lexicon support...
Quote:
Hello,
Unfortunately, there are no drivers available for the U22 to work with Mac 10.6."

That pretty much answers your original question.

No drivers available. Without a driver, the device probably isn't going to run.

It _might_ run _if_ new drivers became available. But that depends on Lexicon's willingness to develop them.

May happen, may not. In the meantime, you're left hanging.

My advice (for what it's worth):

Do you have firewire on your Mac? If so, I would urge you to abandon USB as your audio input technology, and move up to firewire.

Then, get a firewire-based audio interface that uses "CORE Audio" drivers that are _built into_ OS X. No 3rd-party drivers required, you just plug in the device and it automatically "shows up" to the Mac and your audio applications.

As to _which_ interface to use, well, there are many from which to choose. I'm currently using a Echo "Audiofire 8", and it worked without a hitch from the get-go. I'd recommend that you check out their line of products...

- John

VirtualRain
Oct 28, 2009, 11:15 AM
New Lexicon IONX driver available for download... http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=153#downloads

salientstimulus
Oct 28, 2009, 08:44 PM
New Lexicon IONX driver available for download... http://www.lexiconpro.com/product.php?id=153#downloads

And it only took two months!:p

Could someone post and let me know if it's working OK in SL? I still haven't upgraded...

VirtualRain
Oct 29, 2009, 06:51 PM
And it only took two months!:p

Could someone post and let me know if it's working OK in SL? I still haven't upgraded...

It works, but I still have a problem that existed in Leopard which is that if I sleep my Mac Pro, I have to restart the MP, cycle power on the U22 or unplug/plugin the USB cable to get audio again after resuming from sleep. :rolleyes:

wts
Oct 30, 2009, 06:34 AM
My Lexicon U22 USB audio interface was working fine in 10.5.x... now it's not recognized after upgrading to SL even after reinstalling the Lexicon driver.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing a new driver will be required but I was led to believe by folks here that this would not be the case.

Sometimes this fixes the problem although not always:

run repair permissions and restart.

Let me know if that works for you.

I'm finding the SL somewhat angry especially when you add it to L.

I've got two external FW drives : one has the "build" when I added SL to Leopard

the other drive has a pure installation of Snowy Leopard-- this one works the best