Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eN0ch

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Crookwell NSW Australia
I'm not an anti-Apple whinger by any means. But I will confess to being frustrated by the (at least apparent) censorship policy on the Apple forums. Expressions of frustration - regardless of the language they're expressed in - seem to get pulled off. Whole threads disappear too.

For instance right now those of us who've upgraded to Snow Leopard are trying to figure out tech problems with the new system (e.g. printer setup .. ). One thread that was calling for an urgent solution to a widespread problem that means many users can't run their printers, has just disappeared. Surely not helpful, and surely not a good way to assure customers that their concerns matter.

If people are posting expletives and angry "Apple, you've ruined my life and hate you" kind of rants - then I'm all for pulling them off. But I'm bothered when it starts to look like people blocking their ears to reasonably- expressed valid criticism.

eN0ch

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2009
Crookwell NSW Australia
Well yes, that's true. And if they decide to censor something there's little one can do but live with it. That's reality.

But it seems a blunt instrument sometimes. And I can't see that it's helpful to paying customers with genuine problems .. in which case it's surely not helpful to Apple's own image.

The thread I had in mind in my OP actually contained some helpful information which may have been very useful to any number of people -- and by implication may well have saved significant time taken up in tech support phone calls. But it seems that because the general thrust of the thread was critical of a particular strategy Apple have adopted, it's just "off with their heads!"

By all means censor rudeness and pointless ranting. But there's a line surely ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.