PDA

View Full Version : Apple lowers prices on AE Products

JOD8FY
Jun 30, 2004, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone,

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but Apple has quietly lowered the prices on it's Aiport Extreme base station with the modem and antenna port to $199. It also lowered the price of the AE cards to $79. The base station without the modem has been discontinued.

This is paving the way for Airport Express. Cant wait! :)

Cheers,
JOD8FY

iJon
Jun 30, 2004, 02:13 PM
good new indeed, but there are already multiple threads about this news.

iJon

JOD8FY
Jun 30, 2004, 02:15 PM
good new indeed, but there are already multiple threads about this news.

Oops, sorry about that... :rolleyes:. Oh well, just thought I'd spread the cheer - again :D.

JOD8FY

willmg
Jun 30, 2004, 02:29 PM
If this is to remain competitive, I kind of have to laugh. I mean you can get a 108mpbs superG for like 30-70 depending on rebates. Could apple be trying to clear current inventory for their own superG brand or maybe even fabeled true 100mbps 802.11N???? Any thoughts?

later all

JOD8FY
Jun 30, 2004, 02:35 PM
If this is to remain competitive, I kind of have to laugh. I mean you can get a 108mpbs superG for like 30-70 depending on rebates. Could apple be trying to clear current inventory for their own superG brand or maybe even fabeled true 100mbps 802.11N???? Any thoughts?

I doubt it. I think they're just trying to drum up sales for the upcoming Airport Express. They got rid of the AE base station w/o the modem because the AEx (Airport Express) can do just about everything it could do.

Aside from that, I was wondering: are there still going to be refurb AE cards? I know I was going to buy one at $79 (or maybe $69??) before the price drop but now I don't see any in stock. I live near an Apple store that sells the refurb card. Are they going to give them $20 price drops also?

Thanks,
JOD8FY

2A Batterie
Jun 30, 2004, 03:04 PM
In mid-july, it appears that the software will be upgraded to 4.0 so APexpress can stream to your stereo. I believe there is info on Appleinsder's page about this