Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

is300guy

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Fresno, Ca
Holy crap!!!! That was some crazy stuff! That's cool how they would chuck the iPod touch against the wall and drop it from a 2 story height. I'm amazed so far and this could be the ultimate case protection by far.

Apple Guru

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2009
This looks promising. If they get it in several different colors I might be want to pick up one.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
company is UK based

Maybe our UK members have some experience with some of there products. I contacted them to see if there are plans to come to the US case was 24.95 GBP
which is about $40 us. if the case does what it says or even half as good it would be worth it.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
it does not look like it has anything for the buttons or the ringer switch.

Really?

mainpic-iband_hardcase-back.jpg

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
look at the above photo

That's what she said.

(w/ apologies)

Actually, the case looks great but would be better if some clear magic substance covered the back and front, i.e., if it wasn't just a "band."

they are coming out with a case that covers the back the poster above has a photo of it, and I posted a link. I also said that they showed other colors with it, just have to wait a little longer. :D clear however I think might be a problem.

tlbwriter

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
But what about the screen? I thought the screen was the most fragile part of the iPhone.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
well

But what about the screen? I thought the screen was the most fragile part of the iPhone.

nothing in the world is perfect lol. they showed it landing in the screen personly I like a screen protector I know they have there down side but have that small layer between what ever and my screen is worth it. I only have to drop it once and it only has to protect it once to get my money's worth. ;) btw they say they officially expect to be in the us in about 3 months. :D but that one place I posted above has the band now I want to wait for a full case then I might try it.

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008
He kept losing credibility every time he said "iTouch."
Why do people call it this? There is no "iTouch" device. Don't be lazy, say the extra syllable and call it the iPod Touch.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
because

He kept losing credibility every time he said "iTouch."
Why do people call it this? There is no "iTouch" device. Don't be lazy, say the extra syllable and call it the iPod Touch.

Apple puts I in front of so many things people just presume it I just tongue and cheek it I have to admit to making the mistake a few times. heck half the apps in Itues start with I. if they make a good case who cares.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I was liking the idea of this case but do we have any proof that this is actually better then any other type of protection? silicone, fusion case, or hard plastic?

I bet you could drop a "itouch" from that roof in a candyshell and it probably would be ok too.

I dont really see the difference between this and a nice thick silicone frame style case. I know in theory this is amazing but i'd rather see head to head combat with this case and others.

I would have said this case and a wrapsol on the back FTW! but i'll have to wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.