Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I own both too, i'm a little turned off by the in app purchase. The one thing i really liked about IM + was the features but now i have switched back to beejive because it opens so much faster. I feel so delayed in my chats if i get a push notification and have to wait 20 seconds just to open the app and reply. I think IM+ is slow since it logs all your accounts and then updates twitter.

Just watch the youtube vids for 3.4 it still opens pretty slow.

sparkles61785

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
Now that I own both IM+ and Beejive, IMHO, beejive is better hands down.

I have to agree (I own both as well). However, the only major difference between IM+ and Beejive is speed. IM+ is ridiculously slow upon startup; even on a 3GS. Another difference is that Beejive is more customizable and aesthetically pleasing (But not significantly more). Beejive fails when it comes to grouping. The user does not have the option of listing buddies by account. I really don't understand this. It should be standard to list buddies by account like IM+ does. I had to create a group for each IM account and then go through my buddies and assign them in order to get my buddies listed this way. That was such a hassle! :mad: I won't ditch IM+ though. I use it for Twitter push notifications. Although I am bothered by the fact that they are charging a monthly fee to use speech recognition. Those money-hungry **********. How do you charge $10 for an app, and then have the audacity to charge a monthly fee for one of the features?

Beejive is the best! :D

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
I also agree. A monthly fee for a feature like that is ridiculous. I can see people just trying it out but just once. I'm sure it won't be a very used feature down the road and they'll most likely end up just including it for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.