PDA

View Full Version : A Quick, Exclusive Look at Tiger... (8mb Quicktime Video)

MacBytes
Jul 1, 2004, 01:00 AM
Category: Videos
Link: A Quick, Exclusive Look at Tiger... (8mb Quicktime Video) (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040701020047)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
Jul 1, 2004, 01:01 AM
well, that was fun. :D

Thanks to whoever put this thing together, although I'd like to see part of it in real-time, instead of sped-up.

Longey Nowze
Jul 1, 2004, 02:32 AM
it wouldn't open for me :( everytime i clicked on the link it took me to xcode's main page :confused: is the link broken? or maybe to many people have seen it? anyone has a mirror?

Thanks
MaT

rikers_mailbox
Jul 1, 2004, 03:04 AM
way cool. I liked the cinematic use of the 'Zoom' Univelsal Access option to highlight what was happening in the menus. (man! that .mov plays fast)

So much, in fact, i played around with Univeral Access myself. . . but I couldn't get it to work quite the same as shown. I wasn't able get 'instantaneous zoom out' (backing out to 0% zoom, starting multiple zoom-steps in). Any help?

edit: i'm on 10.3.4

robbieduncan
Jul 1, 2004, 06:55 AM
way cool. I liked the cinematic use of the 'Zoom' Univelsal Access option to highlight what was happening in the menus. (man! that .mov plays fast)

So much, in fact, i played around with Univeral Access myself. . . but I couldn't get it to work quite the same as shown. I wasn't able get 'instantaneous zoom out' (backing out to 0% zoom, starting multiple zoom-steps in). Any help?

edit: i'm on 10.3.4

I'm on a PC at work so can't check this but I think if you use the key combo to turn off zoom (or maybe Universal Access) the zoom resets instantly to 0.

Kirkland
Jul 1, 2004, 08:11 AM
Yea, Option+Command+8 will turn it off (and automatically zoom back out to 0%).

I love using it when I'm watching a small video, maybe it's just me but it seems to be better quality than making the video itself Double Size or full screen.

michaelrjohnson
Jul 1, 2004, 09:05 AM
I had to d/l this on an XP PC @ work, but it wouldn't open, so i d/l it again. Then it worked.

I would also like to see it in "real-time". However, it gave me a much better sensation of actually using the OS. For one thing, up until this point, I wasn't all that excited about Spotlight, but now, seeing how it works so seamlessly and quick in the middle of tasks, I think it's amazing...

It will also be interesting to follow the development of this OS... So much can change over the next year. Hopefully all for the better!

mainstreetmark
Jul 1, 2004, 09:21 AM
Wow, Tiger is fast!!

michaelrjohnson
Jul 1, 2004, 09:34 AM
Wow, Tiger is fast!!

lol... :D

rikers_mailbox
Jul 1, 2004, 11:19 AM
. . . is this a forum thread about another forum? There are just too many Mac-related forums now.

michaelrjohnson
Jul 1, 2004, 11:40 AM
. . . is this a forum thread about another forum?

Nope, just referenceing it as the source of this Tiger movie.

There are just too many Mac-related forums now.

I agree. ;) Luckily, we've made it to the best one!

sockeatingdryer
Jul 1, 2004, 08:32 PM
Well, that was... phrenetic.

wdlove
Jul 1, 2004, 09:01 PM
A nice beat to the song. The picture was very fuzzy. It did bring a smile to my face.

sjk
Jul 2, 2004, 08:43 PM
... although I'd like to see part of it in real-time, instead of sped-up.View it with VLC to slow it down (without audio).

sjk
Jul 2, 2004, 08:58 PM
I wasn't all that excited about Spotlight, but now, seeing how it works so seamlessly and quick in the middle of tasks, I think it's amazing...When applications share a common, reliable source of metadata it could open possibilities to some interesting new ways for integrating them.