Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JLUGO35

Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Inman/Columbia, South Carolina
I go to the University of South Carolina and they have a deal with Microsoft where I can get Windows 7 for free. I was thinking hey why not. The issue is instead of sending the DVD to install it they allow you to download it on an .iso file. I was wondering if I could boot into XP on my macbook download the iso and run the Windows 7 installer inside windows and then insert my Snow Leopard cd for the drivers afterwards or will I have to burn the .iso file to a disc and follow boot camp normally? Also where do I download the Boot Camp 3.O drivers or are they already on the Snow Leopard disc? Thanks.

EOC

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2009
That wil not work. 1st you cannot upgrade from xp to 7, you must do a clean install. 2nd You'll need to burn the iso to a disk: http://www.freeisoburner.com/

run bootcamp from osx and it'll guide you the rest of the way (backup whatever is important from the windows partition first though)

the drivers are on sl disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.