Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schoeringhumer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
hiho,

i would like to add some content to my PDFPage.... it would just be an NSString, but i seem to be too silly for that ...

my code now looks like this:

myPDF = [[PDFDocument alloc] init];

PDFPage *page;

page = [[PDFPage alloc]init];

// here i want to add strings or whatever to my page ... but i don't know the name of the function(s) ... can anybody help me ?

[myPDF insertPage:page atIndex:0];

[page release];

[myPdfView setDocument:myPDF];

`lowell`

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2009
San Diego

schoeringhumer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
the link you gave me couldn't help me, but thx ...

is anybody out there who can give me the code to e.g. set the label of a pdf-page ...

there is a function which returns the label of a pdfpage as an NSString, but i don't know how to add an normal NSString to the left top side of a page .... could somebody help me ?

`lowell`

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2009
San Diego
the link you gave me couldn't help me, but thx ...

is anybody out there who can give me the code to e.g. set the label of a pdf-page ...

there is a function which returns the label of a pdfpage as an NSString, but i don't know how to add an normal NSString to the left top side of a page .... could somebody help me ?

ha oops

for some reason i thought you were asking how add pages to a doc.. my bad!

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
nobody out there, who has any kind of knowledge about pdfkit ... ?

PDFKit doesn't create or modify PDF pages. It lets you view PDF documents, access content of the document, add annotations, etc.

http://developer.apple.com/mac/libr...tGuide/PDFKit_Prog_Conc/PDFKit_Prog_Conc.html

From the summary for PDFPage:

As you might expect, the PDFPage class represents pages in a PDF document. Your application instantiates a PDFPage object by asking for one from a PDFDocument object. PDF page objects are what the user sees onscreen, and a view may display more than one page at a time. You can use PDFPage to render PDF content onscreen, add annotations, count characters, define selections, and get the textual content of a page as an NSString or NSAttributedString object.

Note that in the bold text, there is no mention of "add content to the page".

If you want to add content to a PDF document, you need a PDF renderer or PDF painter. This will often be coupled with a PDF parser.

http://developer.apple.com/mac/libr...eptual/drawingwithquartz2d/dq_pdf/dq_pdf.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.