PDA

View Full Version : Quicksilver + SyncMaster 930b monitor went blue then nothing?

shawnna
Sep 2, 2009, 05:06 PM
My G4 Quicksilver was working great. Updated software as usual. After update, my Samsung SyncMaster 930b monitor didn't show any red - just blue/green even after calibration.

Now it is showing nothing at all other than the little box that says "Check Signal Cable". Interestingly enough, the red in the box looks really red.

I replaced the graphics card with one I had in a parts unit - same thing - just the "Check Signal Cable" box on the display.

I replaced the VGA cable - same thing - nothing but the "Check Signal Cable" box on the monitor.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can do at this point? Is replacing the monitor the next step?

UPDATE - monitor is fine as I tested it on my laptop. Now what is happening is when I boot up the computer, the gray screen with the apple logo and little circular thingy comes up for quite some time - then nothing shows on the monitor other than a box that says "Not Optimum Mode Recommended Mode : 1280X1024 60 Hz". Any suggestions?"

Help....