PDA

View Full Version : Need help with burning DVD-Rs

Raidiant
Jul 1, 2004, 05:09 PM
Hi, I recently bought a external kit enclosure with a 12x dvdram, dl dvd writer for my ibook 800mhz, it seems to recognise the drive pretty nicely, however I can't ever burn any dvds.

Any dvds I try to burn that are large e.g 2gb plus, will definetely become failed discs and have an error on verifying and have trouble playing and using them. I don't know how to prevent this I have wasted about 12 blank dvds.

I use toast 6 titanium and what happens is that it looks good and it doesn't give me any errors whilst burning, then in verification it will say "sector XXXX failed to read", and when I try the disc out it will either not work at all or only partially work with some of the files corrupt. This is also true when I try to burn a dvd image I have made, and whatever I do I am getting very depressed at wasting so much money. :(

Is there any way of stopping coasters rolling out? Does anyone know whats wrong? I have tried burning at 2x, and I am using TDK discs which I am told to be reliable, the drive LG4120B is meant to be one of the most reliable and best drives on the market. So the problem must be in my ibook, is it too slow? I have tried not doing anything whilst burning, but it makes no difference, burning slower does not generate any good disc, instead of getting 1 out of 7 discs I am getting no good discs at all. I have tried to burn different things yet it always comes out the same.

Somebody please help :/ :(