Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

castanzarules

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
A2
i just got a ps3 and what it boils down to is that i cannot use the ps3 and my macbook on my wireless network at the same time. i have the late 2008 unibody 2.0 macbook. each plays nice with the network individually but as soon as i try to connect to the internet on both at the same time they crap out and i get the "your computer is not connected to the internet" error message in safari and a similar message on my ps3.

i tried researching it online and all i could find is that the routers dns server could possibly be issuing the same ip address to both units and this could be causing the problem, seeing as you can't have the same ip address twice on a given local network. i've done all the basics like restarting each machine, disconnecting and reconnecting etc and it doesn't seem to work.

any help would be greatly apprciated!!

tclamp07

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2008
I'm having the same issue... Very annoying if anyone has any idea how to work around this issue I would greatly appreciate it!

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
I don't think the router's DNS portion is issuing the IP address, DHCP maybe. You might have an with your router. Safest bet is to flash the firware on your router and start over. Also, check to ensure you haven't messed with the wireless filtering etc. Your router might be on its way out or a configuration issue.

i just got a ps3 and what it boils down to is that i cannot use the ps3 and my macbook on my wireless network at the same time. i have the late 2008 unibody 2.0 macbook. each plays nice with the network individually but as soon as i try to connect to the internet on both at the same time they crap out and i get the "your computer is not connected to the internet" error message in safari and a similar message on my ps3.

i tried researching it online and all i could find is that the routers dns server could possibly be issuing the same ip address to both units and this could be causing the problem, seeing as you can't have the same ip address twice on a given local network. i've done all the basics like restarting each machine, disconnecting and reconnecting etc and it doesn't seem to work.

any help would be greatly apprciated!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.