PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 Gives Pod Farm Plug-In Away All Month (09/2009)

mkrishnan
Sep 4, 2009, 10:28 AM
http://line6.com/news/offers/864

I know there are a handful of Line 6 users here... If you bought one of the relevant devices in its older generation bundle, without a Pod Farm Plug-In license (or like me, bought it on eBay and did not get software licenses), then now's your chance to get this one for free.

I saw this on Harmony Central, and what it is was somewhat confusing to people... basically, as I understand it, the license lets you run two separate effect chains at the same time on devices that have multiple inputs (i.e. not the UX1 or GX). It also allows you to use Pod Farm as a plug-in, as I understand it, which means that you can record raw inputs and post-process them (POD Farm is also always available for free if you have the hardware and no license, but as I understand it, it pre-processes the audio and then passes it to any recording software, so you're stuck with whatever effects chain you recorded).

Anyway, $99 value if you're in the lucky position of having the hardware and not the software. I guess it's also possible to get Pod Farm for free and use it without the Line 6 audio interface, if you have an iLok (info on their page).

rangers12
Sep 10, 2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Have a Pod XT and have been looking to get this for a while. Can't argue with the price!
:)

http://line6.com/news/offers/864

I know there are a handful of Line 6 users here... If you bought one of the relevant devices in its older generation bundle, without a Pod Farm Plug-In license (or like me, bought it on eBay and did not get software licenses), then now's your chance to get this one for free.

I saw this on Harmony Central, and what it is was somewhat confusing to people... basically, as I understand it, the license lets you run two separate effect chains at the same time on devices that have multiple inputs (i.e. not the UX1 or GX). It also allows you to use Pod Farm as a plug-in, as I understand it, which means that you can record raw inputs and post-process them (POD Farm is also always available for free if you have the hardware and no license, but as I understand it, it pre-processes the audio and then passes it to any recording software, so you're stuck with whatever effects chain you recorded).

Anyway, $99 value if you're in the lucky position of having the hardware and not the software. I guess it's also possible to get Pod Farm for free and use it without the Line 6 audio interface, if you have an iLok (info on their page).

mkrishnan
Sep 10, 2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Have a Pod XT and have been looking to get this for a while. Can't argue with the price!
:)

I know! I got a steal on eBay for a used UX2 without the software licenses, and with this it makes it even more of a steal!

Deano.uk
Sep 16, 2009, 02:30 AM
32 i paid for the UX1 off the 'bay... and now free pod farm! lol... it keeps crashing before opening on SL though :(