Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
Okay, on OWC RAM for my macbook was $70. I looked today and it is at $90! Surely this is an error? Can someone point me to some cheaper 4GB Upgrade options?

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
Hmm. I guess its possible its just weird. I have had $75 in my paypal for a while and thought I should get the RAM tonight. I guess I might have to wait a bit longer.
@ Greatmaju: $10 cheaper at crucial. A bit better. Thanks! :)

greatmaju

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
A Little place i Call Terra
I wasn't sure how much cheaper it is. All I know is that crucial has an App to check the compatibility. So it should work.

Interesting Fact, on the new Macbooks, a 4GB Ram upgrade costs £80.01
Double the price of the RAM at crucial. Not sure why Apple charges the extra 0.01p. Although, looking at the price of the Apple Remote, its not surprising. Wonder why the remote ain't free anymore.

Anyways. Hope you get some good cheap ram. :apple:

bc008

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
I wasn't sure how much cheaper it is. All I know is that crucial has an App to check the compatibility. So it should work.

Interesting Fact, on the new Macbooks, a 4GB Ram upgrade costs £80.01
Double the price of the RAM at crucial. Not sure why Apple charges the extra 0.01p. Although, looking at the price of the Apple Remote, its not surprising. Wonder why the remote ain't free anymore.

Anyways. Hope you get some good cheap ram. :apple:

Yea, every once in a while I want my remote back :(. I am going to keep a very close eye on the RAM market and order once it gets a little cheaper (if!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.