Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonathanbull

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
Hi,

Like I'm sure many others have, I'm using the 'back to school' iPod rebate to offset the expense of a Macbook by selling the iPod on.

I'm fully aware that on the 9th it's almost definite that a new iPod range will be released. However, what would you say is the most sellable iPod and that which is least likely to lose it's value when selling it on? I'm obviously after the biggest profit. :)

I'm really sorry if this has been posted before; I'd be suprised if it hadn't. I just can't seem to find any threads relating to this.

Lunaprk

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Yes, I'm in the same boat. I want to sell mine too. I would have put it on Ebay a few weeks ago, but I'm out of the country for another week.

Marlon

BlackiBook

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2009
Norman, Oklahoma
The Touch is flooding the market (craigslist, and others) right now because people are doing the same thing you are! But the touch is also the one that is going to give you the most profit! (if you can even sell it) So it is kinda just guess work right now!

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
I would not get get the nano since there only worth about $80 right now and will go down after wensday. The shuffles only pull in about $60-$65. The gets anywhere from $160-$190 and the classic gets about $220 but you also have to pay $20 for the classic. Anyway if apple releases a $199 16gb Touch on Wensday the prices will be $100 and under for an 8gb touch. I am unsure of the classic because if the discontinue it the price will increase since its the last one of the breed but they could also update it and lower the price to $199 so I really am unsure if any of the ipods are best.

seb-opp

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
London/Norwich
I think it would depend on what upgrades the new models get. If its just capacity upgrades, the older models would probably hold their value more. But suppose the new ones got some amazing new feature, People are more likely to want to get the latest one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.