PDA

View Full Version : duplicate artists

Swatman
Sep 6, 2009, 12:55 AM
i recently cleaned off my ipod and reinstalled all the songs on it. when i got to the J section of my ipod touch, there were two jimi hendrix artist sections. i click both of them and the exact same songs are in each Hendrix category. i check my itunes and it only shows one jimi hendrix section, how do i fix it on my ipod?

ReggaeFire
Sep 6, 2009, 07:18 AM
I would verify that all the metadata lines up (Spelling, spacing, etc.): artist, album artist, sort artist, sort album artist, even disc # can have an effect on how tracks get organized. If you don't see anything different, I would select all the Jimi Hendrix tracks and edit the Artist/Album Artist/Sort Artist/Sort Album Artist at the same time to ensure they are the same. That should fix the problem.

GoCubsGo
Sep 6, 2009, 07:29 AM
^ agreed. The one thing iTunes lacks is the ability to forgive simple formatting differences. IE: I have a lot of Beatles, but one album is labeled "beatles", therefore it is seen as an entirely different artist. I think iTunes should know that a punctuation error doesn't denote a new artist.

Swatman
Sep 9, 2009, 10:37 PM
the thing is though, on Itunes it doesnt show up two times, only on my ipod