Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
Hello everyone.

Since I now have an iPod touch, I tried installing Skype but its not available in Canada, so I got Fring instead. Now I want to know will the in ear headphones bundled with the iPod touch work with fring? Do they have a mic built in?

Secondly at my university there is a wifi connection in most places so if I got myself an unlimited US and Canada Skype plan worth $2.95, would it serve as a cheap alternative for general calling (like long and unnecessary calls to friends lol). I would use Fring on my iPod touch for it. oh and is incoming free on the Skype plan?

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
If I remember correctly, the headphones that come with the iPod touch have a mic already on them. You could use those headphones just like an iPhone user would wear them, which means -- yes, you could just use Skype or Fring anywhere you have wi-fi.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
To use Skype on your iPod touch, you need the 2nd generation model; with that you need to buy headphones will mic, be it the iPhone headphones or the in-ear headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.