Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
I wanted to use PocketPedia because I haven't used it in so long and I find out that is no longer working.... some problems with Amazon's search engine
http://www.bruji.com/pocketpedia/

anyways, is there another app to replace it with?
I'm talking about an app to enter video games/DVDs/ collection

Any suggestions?

jds4300

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2008
Any database app will do the trick. I am in the same boat that you are in. However, I DELETED Pocketpedia totally and did the following with excellent results. In DVDpedia, export the DVD, CD database etc as a .csv file to the desktop. Now, I had two options, both of which were iPhone apps that I already own. In Bento, I imported the csv file into the Bento desktop app, then synched it with the Bento iPhone app. GREAT RESULT minus the DVD cover. I also tried the same with HanDbase. Got same results, though not nearly as well organized as the Bento database. Bento costs more, but it is certainly more user friendly than HanDbase. By the way, if you buy HanDbase, dont waste your money on the desktop app, it is not needed, and in fact, I find the app to work SMOOTHER without it. As far as Bento goes, Im sure the app works fine without the desktop counterpart, however, the desktop counterpart is a great addition to the iPhone app! Good luck.

danterner

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
I was a happy Pocketpedia user. When it stopped functioning, I found and started using Itemshelf. There's a Lite (free) version. It does does pretty much what Pocketpedia did, with a few extra bells and whistles to boot.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Thankfully, Delicious Library still syncs with the desktop app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.