Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iceclaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
US
A Mac running windows would be able handle the Total War series of games right? They take a lot of graphics and memory so I just wanted to make sure and see if it would play perfectly just as on a gaming PC.

Hope someone knows, thanks!

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
It depends on what type of mac you have and the specs, but yes they should be able to handle it fine. Just look at the minimum requirements on the games box to see if your mac can handle it, if its an older one. One thing you should be aware of is that windows runs hotter than OSX especially when playing games. So if you are using a laptop or mac mini be aware of the heat created by the CPU and GPU when playing games. These compact macs are more subject to overheating so you may want to try a fan control solution like smcfancontrol and reset the minimum fan speed before rebooting in order to keep the temps down.

Iceclaw

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
US
Alright cool thanks. I'm sure if I upgrade to an Nvidia 9800 graphics card it will be fine. Just wanted to make sure because for those games to be played perfectly you at minimum need around a $700 PC possibly with upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.