Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
England
Been building my own website for the past few months (at least :eek:), using dreamweaver mx2004 and html is blue and css blue and pink (usually). This morning I've gone to work again and it's all changed to plain black :confused:. Why has this happened? I haven't changed anything. Code validates :confused:.
Blue text was handy changed colours to green and different shades of blue depending on tags.
I've checked my preferences and all the tags have individual dreamweaver standard colours assigned to them. Created a new document and it's all black, so somethings happened. Any ideas? So weird now trying to code with black text.

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
Can sometimes be created if you've forgotten to close a tag at some point, or made a spelling error somewhere. Dreamweaver can be a bit buggy sometimes so may not realise you've corrected it (you said it validates, so there shouldn't be any errors).

As Angelwatt said, it should realise it's being stupid and correct itself in the end.

I'd also like to recommend Komodo Edit. It lets you specify which language you want to view your code as so may help you out in this situation and is a pretty good all round code editor!

/Doug

Attachments

• komodo.jpg
    komodo.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 206
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.