Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Yesterday I submitted a claim at 6Ave electronics for their name your price sale. I requested a Panasonic FZ35 for $340 and was approved. Before I go ahead with this purchase, wanted to see if anyone has experience buying from 6ave. Thanks.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
it seems sketchy at first but my brother bought a home theater speakers from their and they work fine...

dmmcintyre3

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2007
If there is a ton of great reviews go and click on 2 or 3 of the reviewer's profiles and look at the number of reviews they have done. If it is just 1 and it is that store I call SPAM to that

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska

A few years back I almost got taken by a "supposedly" camera dealer in Brooklyn, NY. I was looking for a good deal, of course :D Luckily I had the credit card company stopping the payment. However, I also had a company making sure that I didn't lose my credit ID to the dealer. I was scared for a few days. When a deal sounds "too good to be true, it usually is." That's why I have learned to buy from reputable dealers such as B&H, Adorama, and a few others.

Acsom

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
I've purchased both new and used from Adorama, and have been very satisfied. I had an issue with a used part that might or might not have been with the part itself, it might have been something in the camera I was using it on; Adorama offered to accept the part as a return and they refunded my full price. My sales contact, Frank, is a good guy, funny and friendly in a brusque New York salesperson kind of way; direct, but trustworthy. I took his recommendation when ordering a used film body, and it has turned out to be my favorite camera, a Canon F1N. GREAT camera. And great service.

Jodorowsky

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
These people are ridiculously paranoid. I bought my Onkyo receiver from 6ave through their amazon reseller page and had great -- even "perfect" -- service. Go with it if you like the camera and the deal they confirmed with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.