Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waynechriss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Ok i got the summer 2009 white macbook. Loving the computer, form factor, etc. I've started bringing it to school with me but i'm afraid of it breaking on me in my backpack because i have a lot of textbooks with me. I slipped it in a cover and put the macbook in its own pocket (its a laptop backpack) but i'm still worried. i press on the top and the computer creaks a tad bit. Should i not put it in my backpack full of texbooks or am i just too paranoid of it breaking?

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
It should be ok in the backpack. I've been carrying my MacBook Air inside a slipcase within my backpack and it's been fine. If you're really worried you can always get one of the speck hard shells to put on your MacBook to gain even more protection. Although the creaking is normal, it has been present on all the iBooks that I have owned.

snakesqzns

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2007
Sorry but I don't understand why anyone would buy the macbook over the 13" Macbook Pro.

Don't worry about the creaking... worry about the cracking

waynechriss

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2009
Sorry but I don't understand why anyone would buy the macbook over the 13" Macbook Pro.

Don't worry about the creaking... worry about the cracking

Yeah you know i kinda regret it cuz my bro got a macbook pro and the unibody is sweet. But i was very low on money and had to pay back my dad hundreds of dollars just to get the one grand macbook.

Oh ok thanks ibookG4user, i'll also look into the hard shells.

Nocturnal22

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2009
just to let you know having it in your backpack will increase your chance of getting the palmrest cracks from the pressure on the macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.