Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ukjabber

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
ok so I seem to remember in 10 point something or other that Helvetica had all sorts of problems.

Well it seems that it has reared it's ugly head again in Snow Leopard and it's driving me friggin nuts to be honest.

Why on earth would Apple cause a problem with Helvetica. I mean how stupid can you get.

Anyway that's not gonna resolve my problem. Basically I use extensis suitcase fusion 2 and have Helvetica Neue installed. I have checked fontbook and have made sure it's not stashed away in there somewhere aswell and it's not.

I've uninstalled the font from suitcase, brought it back in again and still I am having to tell indesign what font to look for. It just doesn't show up properly. Plus 45 Light has dropped off the face off the earth but shows as installed.

Any ideas guys? Much much help really really appreciated on this one.

ukjabber

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
ah right. Still seems strange though that just this one font keeps dropping off. Almost like it was in the other upgrade, 10.4 to 10.5 I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.