PDA

View Full Version : Another PC guys! hoorah, check it out

the next reviva
Jul 4, 2004, 05:32 PM
Hey just won a new pc from my local shop ^_^, and i think im gunna offload my custom built. I'd really like to get a decent g4 mac, even an ibook (id chuck in cash) so lmk what you think.Im not really looking for bundled software, speakers, or even keyboard mouse. i just want the system. idk how to price it, so give me (realistic) offers. great pc for gaming, case has removable mobo tray, extra convienant :D

Aspire-X alien steel silver server case with clear side panel, and 420psu
Athlon XP 2500 (333fsb) oc'd to a 3200 (2.2ghz)
Vantec Coolermaster heatsink [Big Grin]
Asus A7nx-x motherboard
Corsair 512mb PC3200 ram (2 slots free)
80gb Northwestern hdd (8mb buffer)
Black lite-on cd-rw drive
Black lite-on dvd-rom drive
beige floppy drive
Ge-Cube ATI radeon 9600 (se?) 128mb video card (8agp, 128bit)
2x 80mm blue led fans with alien grills.
2x green rounded cables for drives. (floppy has ribbon)
9" neon voice activated light strip. :cool:
Windows Xp home (full retail version box etc, can install pro)
logitec Black Elite Keyboard
Logitec Mx310 optical mouse

:can include the following:
viewsonic gs790 17" crt monitor
Logitech optical mouse
Halo: combat evolved
Unreal tournament 2k3
*****Sound Blaster Audigy EX platinum sound card with breakout box and remote!****

:things of notice:
I havnt hooked up the front audio b/c i use the audigy ex platinum, easy as pie to get running
I will split costs of shipping (not on monitor)
I have original boxes/manuals for everyhing inside the pc, can include them upon request
I live in Pennsylvania (philly) ill give a local discount
I will take pictures upon request, only after negotiotions have been made

even if your not interested, lmk what a reasonable price is. ebay's a bit to overcrowded when it comes to pc sales

Capt Underpants
Jul 4, 2004, 08:28 PM
Hey just won a new pc from my local shop ^_^, and i think im gunna offload my custom built. I'd really like to get a decent g4 mac, even an ibook (id chuck in cash) so lmk what you think.Im not really looking for bundled software, speakers, or even keyboard mouse. i just want the system. idk how to price it, so give me (realistic) offers. great pc for gaming, case has removable mobo tray, extra convienant :D

Aspire-X alien steel silver server case with clear side panel, and 420psu
Athlon XP 2500 (333fsb) oc'd to a 3200 (2.2ghz)
Vantec Coolermaster heatsink [Big Grin]
Asus A7nx-x motherboard
Corsair 512mb PC3200 ram (2 slots free)
80gb Northwestern hdd (8mb buffer)
Black lite-on cd-rw drive
Black lite-on dvd-rom drive
beige floppy drive
Ge-Cube ATI radeon 9600 (se?) 128mb video card (8agp, 128bit)
2x 80mm blue led fans with alien grills.
2x green rounded cables for drives. (floppy has ribbon)
9" neon voice activated light strip. :cool:
Windows Xp home (full retail version box etc, can install pro)
logitec Black Elite Keyboard
Logitec Mx310 optical mouse

:can include the following:
viewsonic gs790 17" crt monitor
Logitech optical mouse
Halo: combat evolved
Unreal tournament 2k3
*****Sound Blaster Audigy EX platinum sound card with breakout box and remote!****

:things of notice:
I havnt hooked up the front audio b/c i use the audigy ex platinum, easy as pie to get running
I will split costs of shipping (not on monitor)
I have original boxes/manuals for everyhing inside the pc, can include them upon request
I live in Pennsylvania (philly) ill give a local discount
I will take pictures upon request, only after negotiotions have been made

even if your not interested, lmk what a reasonable price is. ebay's a bit to overcrowded when it comes to pc sales

Do you have any pictures of the rig? I'd like to see one.

the next reviva
Jul 4, 2004, 08:40 PM
I dont have pictures right this minute, but ill give u a couple links to the components. I just moved to a new house, and it'd be a big pain to unpack and find the camera, but if your interested in a deal, and not just screwin around, ill dig out the cam :p

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=11-144-056-01.JPG/11-144-056-08.JPG/11-144-056-06.JPG/11-144-056-05.JPG/11-144-056-04.JPG/11-144-056-03.JPG/11-144-056-07.JPG/11-144-056-02.JPG
^thats the case.

http://www.newegg.com/app/Showimage.asp?image=00-701-304-02.JPG/00-701-304-01.JPG/00-701-304-04.jpg
light stick-o-nater :cool:

any other components u want a picture of, lmk :D

ax0r
Jul 5, 2004, 02:39 AM
I'd trade my PowerMac Quicksilver 867mhz, 1.5 GB of ram with superdrive for that, IM me if your interested my sn is Gaara no Jutsu

blue&whiteman
Jul 5, 2004, 05:56 AM
you will be very hard pressed to find any mac user that will trade a their mac for you pc. this is like asking to trade a mac for a pc on an anti-mac site..

sell it on a pc board and then use the money to buy a mac. you will have much more success that way for sure.

the next reviva
Jul 5, 2004, 10:02 AM
Maybe there is no interest, but i like to live dangerously :cool:
besides, ive unloaded a pc on these forums before, and i have offers on this one. but if you know any good pc forums (besides anandtec) lmk

stevehaslip
Jul 5, 2004, 11:41 AM
i dont see the attraction of those "hole in the side with lights inside" cases, not a bad machine but the lights and stuff put me off. i was wondering what price, but i dont reall know as US computers are a fair bit cheaper than UK computers. :(

the next reviva
Jul 5, 2004, 11:56 AM
well, the lights can be turned off easily enough. the light stick can be removed or switched off, or i could (or you) disconnect the power to the led fans, so they still fan, without the blue leds.I just like to be able to see everything thats going on in my case. I had a dell with no clear side, and somehow my niece spilled her cereal in there :confused: and it melted all over the agp slot, it was way gross. lemme add it all up for ya, pricewatch prices

case with psu....95
512mb ram........92
mobo...............105
processor......... 80
new heatsink.....20
hard drive.........75 (ish?)
video card........90
cd-rw..............35
dvd-rom...........30
floppie.............FREEBIE
Windows Xp......85
keyboard/mouse.55
Round Cable......8
TOTAL.............770

so i guess i payed around 825 for everything (shipping and tax for stuff)
so i value it around $725 everythings pretty darn mint. If my prices are inflated, tell me, thats just what i payed for everything. and as always, any interest, let me know

nesuser2
Jul 5, 2004, 12:00 PM
I wouldn't say that the people here are anti-PC(as implied) Since I've noticed alot of people defend PC's and for good reasons. We won't start the Mac Vs. PC stuff but they both have their place and if I needed yet another PC...I would get in line. :D

the next reviva
Jul 5, 2004, 12:19 PM
well, theres just somethings ive needed a pc for that just isnt possible on a mac right now. like competative counter-strike, and mod making. but yeah, everything else is for the mac