PDA

View Full Version : modem problem?

gdavid
Jul 4, 2004, 09:02 PM
Hi, I am just new to the mac system and just got a powerbook g4. I was wondering if anyone could help me with one minor hitch I am having with connecting to the internet. I have gone into internet connect and specified my dial-up details including the phone number. If I try clicking on connect in this window it is fine and dials and connects me to the internet. However if I try connecting by clicking on the little phone icon in the bar at the top of the screen (menubar, taskbar? sorry don't know what this is called) and selecting connect from the pop up menu it doesn't work. It trys to connect than says that I haven't specified a phone number, which I have. My boyfriend who got his powerbook at the same time as me is not having this problem.

sorry this is rather long winded and thanks in advance to anyone who has any ideas.

latergator116
Jul 4, 2004, 09:47 PM
Have you gone to the network panel in system prefernces to see if you change the settings there?

Since this is a new computer, you might want to call up apple and take advantage of your 90-day phone support. Good luck.

gdavid
Jul 5, 2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks for that, I went and entered my details in the system preferences and it all works fine now :) I didn't realise I had to put my details in two places to make it work properly.