PDA

View Full Version : New nano takes video but not still shots?

Surely
Sep 9, 2009, 01:35 PM
I can't seem to find a reference on Apple's website about this.

Are you telling me that Apple is allowing video on the nano, but not still shots?

That's just weird.

markfc
Sep 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
No 720p either? Pah.

I'll stick with my Kodak Zi8 Order.

nutmac
Sep 9, 2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah it's a bit odd. I would've assumed it would take photo, but Apple's website mentions only video.

fabian9
Sep 9, 2009, 03:06 PM
I can't seem to find a reference on Apple's website about this.

Are you telling me that Apple is allowing video on the nano, but not still shots?

That's just weird.

it's not really weird. The camera takes video at 640x480 pixels, which isn't a whole lot. it's enough for the occasional video, but i reckon if they let people take photos with it too they'd need a much better camera.

of course i could be completely wrong. :)

dccorona
Sep 9, 2009, 04:21 PM
it's not really weird. The camera takes video at 640x480 pixels, which isn't a whole lot. it's enough for the occasional video, but i reckon if they let people take photos with it too they'd need a much better camera.

of course i could be completely wrong. :)

from my understanding, your still shot quality is higher than video quality. iPhone 3GS takes 3.2MP pictures, but shoots video in VGA. So I'd assume you could get a higher quality picture than what the video is

Mad Mac Maniac
Sep 9, 2009, 05:03 PM
yes i found the quite odd as well...

no mention of still shots. I thought I was the only one that noticed

pimentoLoaf
Sep 9, 2009, 05:12 PM
Extract a shot using QuickTime, then enhance in iPhoto or Photoshop.

The nanoCam is supposed to compete with this (http://video.nytimes.com/video/2008/03/20/technology/personaltech/1194817112152/the-flip-ultra-video-recorder.html) (commercial precedes).

till
Sep 9, 2009, 06:00 PM
Anyone know if there's a size/length limit for recorded videos? Or are free space and battery power the only limit?

I'm thinking easy, decent (better than most cell phones) bootleg concert videos, when supplemented with a separate audio source.

MattZani
Sep 9, 2009, 07:13 PM
Anyone know if there's a size/length limit for recorded videos? Or are free space and battery power the only limit?

I'm thinking easy, decent (better than most cell phones) bootleg concert videos, when supplemented with a separate audio source.

Im Thinking Motorbike Camera.....