Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
After seeing so many different "leaked cases" for the 3G touch, I can't help but smile. So many reports of how Apple just can't keep secrets like they used to, and then this.

Maybe the camera issue led to this, but would some camera issues really make it worth delaying introduction by what will likely be a year?

And lest you think I am suffering from a case of schadenfreude, I was ready to order my wife a 64GB. Now I don't know.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
I think the camera must have been scrapped at the last minute due to some technical issue. I don’t think they would have intentionally leaked specs to case makers that showed a camera if they had no intention of putting one in. Not that they are above leaking false information, but why get people excited about a feature that you aren’t adding just to let them down? Also, why add a camera to a lower model (nano) but not your “high end” model? I think there must be some truth to the rumors about the camera problem.

I’m pretty disappointed since I’m one of the ones that just sold my 2G. This doesn’t feel like an update at all… definitely not worth calling 3rd generation. iPod Touch 2.5G I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.