Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wishsong

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2009
This 3 month wait for this update was long enough, I'm going to buy one as soon as possible now. But was there seriously no update on the battery life or speakers?

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I've waited a year, after being disappointed with the last update as well. And I'm still not biting.

There are two (2) whole new features

1. Capacity increase. 16GB now 32GB, 32GB now 64GB.
2. Faster processor. Unless the old one wasn't fast enough for you or something, this is worthless. Apple probably did it because it was more expensive not to phase out an outdated processor.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
This 3 month wait for this update was long enough, I'm going to buy one as soon as possible now. But was there seriously no update on the battery life or speakers?

...there seems to be no update to the battery life & speakers - something isn't adding up here :confused:

They may, in fact, had a production problem, and will release a new Touch at a later date...

...that is my two sense ;)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I've waited a year, after being disappointed with the last update as well. And I'm still not biting.

2. Faster processor. Unless the old one wasn't fast enough for you or something, this is worthless. Apple probably did it because it was more expensive not to phase out an outdated processor.

Many of the new apps (games in particular) need the faster processor. If you don't plan on buying the newer games from the app store, the older processor should be fine.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley

If I followed your logic, I'd still be using a PPC Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.