Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arnop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Paris, France
I was wondering if any of you are an ACE in Photoshop. I want to pass the 'test' but heard several stories of how difficult it can be and that you're not actually seating in front of a computer but answering questions on a simple piece of paper.

If any of you have tips or stories, please share, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot !

UTclassof89

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
I did it a few versions ago and yes, you are in front of a computer w/o Photoshop taking a multiple choice test about Photoshop. It's not hard at all (it seems like they just want to see if you know 80 random things about Photoshop in some detail; one could carefully study the user's manual and never use the software, and pass the exam).

Just another revenue stream for Adobe. No one cares if you're an ACE or not; they want to see your work.

deckard2019

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2009
I've taken the latest CS4 test. It's not bad. Just the basics of various real world work flows.

I checked out a book from the library called "Photoshop CS4: On Demand" (non-affiliated) That book is aimed toward taking that specif test.
That's all I used and I passed.

Basically, you will go to a testing center. Most these centers have all kinds of different cert testing, Adobe being one of them.
You check in. They take you to the testing area. In my case it was a room with like 10 cubicles with computers.
You get seated in one and take the test. When you finish the test you will know instantly your results.
By the time you get back to the counter, they are already printed out for you.

In general. I'd have to agree with the above reply.
I'd expect if I was up for some design gig... they wouldn't care. It's more about work than credentials.
However, I have done some freelance consulting on work flow, conception and management, having the Ace has helped in this type scenario.

But in general, meh..:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.