PDA

View Full Version : Sony's downloads dominance drive 'doomed'

MacBytes
Jul 5, 2004, 09:01 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Sony\'s downloads dominance drive \'doomed\' (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040705100157)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Photorun
Jul 5, 2004, 09:14 AM
Hahhh Hahhhhhh!!!

Record companies/RIAA are evil, the fact that their electronics division and music division is in bed and potentially could doom their online store is priceless! Go Apple!

OhEsTen
Jul 5, 2004, 11:32 AM
This makes me laugh. It appears good ol' $ony has become too full of itself. What will we see next?

A $ony theme park?

I see it now. ATRAK the ride! Experience the feeling of a 192k AAC being carved down to a 64k proprietary format!!!

They are going to loose this one and I for one am glad. They need to get back to what they use to do really good, and quit trying to make their proprietary ****** "the standard", and for that matter quit the proprietary ****** alltogether.

macridah
Jul 5, 2004, 12:49 PM
I would hate to be either the brilliant person that thought they had a chance at online music or the project manager of sony connect. I know their answer to the interview question "tell me about your biggest failure"

Sabbath
Jul 5, 2004, 01:09 PM
It does seem like a hard position to be in balancing being a record company and selling devices when a lot of the capabilities people want are those allowing them to copy music.

Of course however I want Apple to suceed and not Sony and at the moment people do seem to be able to out invent Apple or undercut it sufficiently, long may it continue :D

MacFan25
Jul 5, 2004, 01:10 PM
A lot of people are already using iTunes...so why would anyone currently using iTunes start using Sony Connect? Sony entered the market way too late, a market already overcrowded. Most people, when choosing what download service to use, will most likely use the industry leader, iTunes, and not some service like Connect, which is likely to not have much success.

solvs
Jul 6, 2004, 04:07 AM
"Doomed to failure"... that's what I used to say about BuyMusic. :p Of course, a lot of us said it. Tazo even had a website. But it's just funny that they are using the same term for Sony's service. I don't even have to say it. :D