PDA

View Full Version : When will iTunes movies be available outside of the US?

Sagnet
Sep 10, 2009, 06:56 AM
I have a Mac Mini hooked up to my home theater. Being able to legally buy, download and watch movies directly on the mac would be extremely convenient. And I understand that iTunes offers that option for US customers. When can I expect the same service in Europe?

Aidoneus
Sep 10, 2009, 07:12 AM
I don't think Europe is all that far behind America...

In the UK at least, the only thing we cannot do is buy or rent HD films on our computers (HD films can only be obtained via Apple TV, and even then only rented.)

Where abouts in Europe are you? The central countries have these services already, I believe.

Sagnet
Sep 10, 2009, 08:02 AM
I live in Norway. Don't know if that's considered to be a 'central country' or not? :)

Sagnet
Nov 17, 2009, 04:57 AM
Does anyone have any more information on this? I'm hoping to soon be able to stop buying those old DVD discs.

alphaod
Nov 17, 2009, 05:12 AM
I'm sure Apple wants to release it all around the world, but the fact of the matter is—the movie studios have control over that; that not to mention many governments in Europe like to step in and tell Apple no you can't sell music and/or movies in our country.

MacBoobsPro
Nov 17, 2009, 05:38 AM
Slightly off topic here but still useful once you finally get movies over there is that I have found that if there is a film available to rent but not available to buy on iTunes, (due to stupid licensing issues) if the said film appears on TV it seems the 'sale window' opens and you can then buy the film on iTunes (until the window closes again).

I have noticed this a few times as there have been films I wanted to buy but couldn't then when they appeared on TV I thought I'd have a look on iTunes and they were available to buy. Days of Thunder is one example. Just on observation. I may be way off with this but this is how it seems to work. :)

pacmania1982
Nov 17, 2009, 10:52 AM
This question has been asked and answered loads of times on the forums. Search dude!

pac