PDA

View Full Version : The location of the camera lens on Nano

agkm800
Sep 10, 2009, 07:54 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the location of the camera lens on the new Nano is very odd and bad?

I guess it won't be a problem when you shoot in landscape mode, but won't your hand naturally block the lens when you shoot in vertical mode?

Sep 10, 2009, 09:24 AM
If you shoot videos in portrait mode, you'll have to turn your TV to watch them. :p

roland.g
Sep 15, 2009, 03:40 PM
Anyone who has one want to chime in. To me the location of the lens seems wrong for landscape or portrait as I want to hold it and start/stop recording from the wheel which means my hand may cover the camera. All the ad shots show the hand holding the nano like it might be covering the camera. Wouldn't it make more sense to have it behind the screen since you wouldn't hold it by/cover the screen while shooting.

Does the iPhone offer the same the video effects that the new nano does?

rgarjr
Sep 15, 2009, 04:39 PM
just hold the nano with your thumb and index finger.

JJM
Sep 15, 2009, 05:13 PM
After reading the some of the reviews from various Mac sites last week, I got the impression that it was really no big deal. That is, until I went to the Apple store this past weekend to check them out for myself. This thing is horribly designed! Your fingers get in the way all time. The actually couldn't have put it in a worse place if they tried. Very un-Apple like. Along with that, the new coating over the anodized aluminum looks nice, but everything I'm reading about it says that with prolonged use over time it begins to deteriorate and will leave your Nano looking like it has spots on it. Even the video quality, which I know is for spur of the moment video, is poor. Has a very bluish tint to it.
This wasn't a home-run, not even a single to right-field. I wanted to buy one, but couldn't bring myself to pull out the Visa on this one.

rgarjr
Sep 15, 2009, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing that was the only location to put that camera inside the Nanos.

Kate.
Sep 15, 2009, 05:19 PM
The dancing people in the commercial don't seem to have a problem with it. :)

I haven't had a chance to stop by the Apple Store yet but I'd agree with the space limitations. There isn't a lot of room in those things to fit much else.

ouimetnick
Sep 15, 2009, 07:29 PM
I have a nano, and yeah the camera is placed oddly. But I hold it and landscape mode with the camera facing up and it is fine. No, the iPhone doesn't have any cool effects like the iPod nano does.

talbalos
Sep 15, 2009, 07:41 PM
On Wednesday I went in to the local Apple store and fondled the new iPod Nano. Decided I didn't like the camera placement.

Thursday I went back and bought one, because the camera wasn't the important thing, but the camera is much better than the one on my cell phone.

I 've learned to work around camera placement.

StingerT125
Sep 15, 2009, 08:04 PM
I would rather have had the camera behind the screen also.

I have been using it for a little while and now that I am used to it the placement doesn't pose that much of a problem. I hold my thumb on the click wheel and my index finger straight along the back below the camera and that works good for me.