Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devburke

Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
So with 3.0 came the options to change double-click behavior, except that it only worked on iPhones. The option was there on iPods, but it didn't work; it would always bring up the iPod controls. Well 3.1 made them work, only now you can ONLY get iPod controls while music is playing! So if you're playing a game or something and pause the music, you can't get it playing again without leaving the game entirely! This is ******! And it must be even worse for 1st gen owners, as they can't even change their iPod's volume any more unless there's music playing or they're in the Music app!

Also, I'm typing on my iPod right now, and despite th volume being up and the setting for keyboard clicks being on, I'm not gettng any clicks.

This is a crappy, crappy update.

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
This is true, as I have a 1st gen too.

I was playing Minigore when I wanted to bring up the controls, but it exited the game and went to the first home screen page.

rls11286

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
im so glad i was not the only person that noticed this! i play the app sky burger constantly and up until the 3.1 update i was abke to bring up the music controls while playing the game to start the music if it wasnt already playing. now i have to exit the game completely in order to start playing music. what a waste :eek:

bigab2

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2008
I noticed that in order to make it work you have to double click faster as I thought they removed that feature too but after trying a few times I now have gotten used to the faster dbl-clicking. So no they haven't removed it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.