PDA

View Full Version : Downloaders Face Geek Speak Jungle

MacBytes
Jul 5, 2004, 08:29 PM
Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Downloaders Face Geek Speak Jungle (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040705212900)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

g4cubed
Jul 5, 2004, 09:31 PM
Everyone is propietizing their compression and saying it's the best. Sony's no different. As a matter of fact they always been that way. :p
A lossless compression seems to be the best, but all seem to do the job.
I come from the age of vinyl and to me, everything sounds better, to an almost disappointing point. Where a live concert is sometimes a let down in sound quality. :(
As a consumer you need to be aware of which format plays with which player. But there is usually ways around all formats/copy protection.
I am totally content with itunes and my ipod :D

Captain Canuck
Jul 5, 2004, 09:33 PM
"Sony, for one, is pleased the average music fan has turned decidedly geekier and says the more knowledgeable consumers will become loyal users of its ATRAC technology."

Dream on Sony....

cc

winmacguy
Jul 5, 2004, 10:22 PM
"Sony, for one, is pleased the average music fan has turned decidedly geekier and says the more knowledgeable consumers will become loyal users of its ATRAC technology."

Dream on Sony....

cc
My thoughts exactly! I pop in to the local Sony store not far from where I live and would have to say that it mostly seems like Asians are most of the people looking at sony mini disks, I am not sure if they are Taiwanese, Korean etc but there are less European/New Zealanders looking at the Sony gear than there are Asians.

Captain Canuck
Jul 5, 2004, 11:14 PM
My thoughts exactly! I pop in to the local Sony store not far from where I live and would have to say that it mostly seems like Asians are most of the people looking at sony mini disks, I am not sure if they are Taiwanese, Korean etc but there are less European/New Zealanders looking at the Sony gear than there are Asians.

No offence to our Asian friends, but I can't help but agree. Sony just opened an new store this weekend at Standford Mall, Palo Alto CA, and it was predominantly Asians browsing in a very crowded store.

I know this comparison has been made before but it seems fitting to say it again.

ATRAC = 8-Track (obsolete audio technology)

cc