Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPod.touch.user

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I can't believe that you can't take photos on the new iPod Nano. I'm amazed that Apple managed to be so dumb. How can you have a video camera without being able to take pictures?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
^ I loves me some iGary!

It was clear that there were no still pictures, don't expect it to happen after you buy one.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
Didnt really see the need for a camera, but as it doesnt even have that.... i'll be definitely sticking to my 4g nano.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
I can't believe that you can't take photos on the new iPod Nano. I'm amazed that Apple managed to be so dumb. How can you have a video camera without being able to take pictures?

Gizmodo had a good piece on it. Apparantly video is far more forgiving while photos would have looked like ****.

AppleThis&That

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2009
Well, everyone these days carries a cell phone with a camera installed on a daily basis and I'm sure it would be the same quality.

I really do need more space on my Nano and I like to listen to sports channels on FM, so I'm thinking of upgrading to the new 16GB model for those reasons.

For photos though, I never really use the one on my cell phone though. The quality is so low that it's not worth it to me. I only take shots on my Nikon D90 to get the best quality.

If I don't have a camera around and just my phone, sure I'll use it for a product I like at a store or that rare moment of a UFO sighting. ;) ...but other than that, I rarely use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.