PDA

View Full Version : Evercrack is coming to X

job
Jul 17, 2002, 02:48 PM
Read about it at Insidemacgames.com

hitman

ArtMan617
Jul 19, 2002, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure if I should be overjoyed or dreading its release...I'm sure it will suck away my life if I get it...but on the other hand...being wrong can be so right....

-ArtMan617

blackpeter
Jul 19, 2002, 06:53 PM
I don't know about EQ. I've got a friend who's addicted and has been playing for an average of 5 hours a day, for the last 3 years. From what I can tell, the game is all about killing monsters and leveling up. Seems pretty boring to me. Everwinter Nights appears to be more interesting.

Macmaniac
Jul 19, 2002, 07:25 PM
I have seen EQ its graphics are fairly primitive and cartoony. Also the landscape is nothing to write home about. I don't see how its so much fun, I liked Diablo better, Play War3 instead its ten times better.

job
Jul 20, 2002, 12:53 AM
Neverwinter Nights looks and plays great. :)

I sure they do a decent port of the Toolset.

vitruvius
Jul 20, 2002, 01:43 AM
Im just Waiting for MystOnline -codename Mudpie- release next year , it will rock!!:cool:

you can see some images and drawings at www.mystonline.com
"imagine Myst with infinite Ages to Explore..."

sevag1
Jul 20, 2002, 02:02 AM
itll prolly run like ***** just lke all the other X games out there.. i've said it ebfore, and i'll say it again, OSX sucks for gaming..

...and im out..

-sev

Draft
Jul 20, 2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by sevag1
itll prolly run like ***** just lke all the other X games out there.. i've said it ebfore, and i'll say it again, OSX sucks for gaming..

...and im out..

-sev

OS X doesn't suck for gaming. I play UT under OS X and I get way better frame-rates then in OS 9. Also, Jaguar will be amazing, especially for gaming and graphics intensive apps.

Draft

ArtMan617
Jul 20, 2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by vitruvius
Im just Waiting for MystOnline -codename Mudpie- release next year , it will rock!!:cool:

you can see some images and drawings at www.mystonline.com
"imagine Myst with infinite Ages to Explore..."

Wow....I had no idea that was even going on! That looks incredible! I can't wait!

-ArtMan617

j763
Jul 20, 2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by sevag1

...and im out..

-sev

OS X is *far* better for gaming than OS 9 is... Just look at OS 9's Carbon routines vs. OS X's carbon routines...

Then think about the online aspect of EQ... Then think about how utterly crap the Classic Mac OS's TCP/IP response times are...

Understand the technology before saying something stupid.

j763
Jul 20, 2002, 08:51 AM
OMG, Evercrack is going to be awesome on OS X... Sure, the graphics are a bit old, but hopefully that will mean the sysreqs will be lower. Imagine being able to play EQ on an iBook... That would be so cool!!!

Finally, i can convince some of my dieheard eq friends to switch over to Mac and rest assured that eq is still available :)